DINOSAURS...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
what's your favorite dinosaur?I like a terrordactyl (sp) personally...peace.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i was just at the Museum of Natural History on Saturday, Stegasaurus.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

what's your favorite dinosaur?

I like a terrordactyl (sp) personally...

peace.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• You know...the topic of dinosaurs is weird to me. It is one of those things you don't really think about after a certain age. You learn about them when you are young, kind of take it for granted, and then move on.

But if you really sit back and think that these huge building sized beasts used to live on the same planet we do, it is a bit of a headfuck isn't it?

ill give you a better headfuck, on your 40th birthday siiting in the planetarium, watching a presentation that underscores the fact that the universe has been around for gazillions of years, will continue for gazillions of years, but your ride is about half over.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    it is a bit of a headfuck isn't it?

Do cats still find bones anymore? Wasnt this big news back in the dayz? And they went from the reptile family to the bird family in the past 10 years.

The Lebrea Tar Pits were fun though.

• you give quite the headfuck saba, but I'm sure you get that often

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    A Raptor.

you give quite the headfuck saba, but I'm sure you get that often

what. even < 100 posters capping on me now.

you give quite the headfuck saba, but I'm sure you get that often

what. even < 100 posters capping on me now.

That's what i said to myself.

• Mind Sex???

• it is a bit of a headfuck isn't it?

Do cats still find bones anymore? Wasnt this big news back in the dayz? And they went from the reptile family to the bird family in the past 10 years.

The Lebrea Tar Pits were fun though.

One of my best friends is a Paleontologist. He was the kid in elementary school who could not get enough of dinosaurs. His dad took us all on a fossil hunt in 5th grade. He finished his masters a few years ago. During his field work he actually discovered a new dinosaur (actually he says its not a dinosaur because it came at the end of the dinosaur life cycle and was around after them) still its pretty cool. He found it in PA so that shit is still around you just need to know where to look.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    ill give you a better headfuck, on your 40th birthday siiting in the planetarium, watching a presentation that underscores the fact that the universe has been around for gazillions of years, will continue for gazillions of years, but your ride is about half over.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. My idea is sort of similar in intent--on my 50th birthday, I want to go to Egypt (and the fertile crescent, if possible), realize that I am at the cradle of civilization, and experience the mother of all existential crises.

Isn't Stegasaurus the one that had a walnut-sized brain and then an auxiliary brain in its tail? That's the dino I vote for. Besides Grimlock.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

RAJASAURUS[/b]

• Yeah I was always a fan of the stegosaurus. Those godzilla plates on its back and the tail weapon =

i think about shit like this wayyy too much. existentialstrut

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

i think about shit like this wayyy too much. existentialstrut
    I dont think about it a lot, but every once in a while Im struck by the enormity and the finality of it and its like a wave of panic washes over me for a brief second. Then i shove it in the back of my head and continue wasting my time on whatever.

• Do cats still find bones anymore?

This just in!

Flying Mammal Found From 125 Million Years Ago[/b]

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/13/science/14mammalcnd.html?ex=1169614800&en=a5ca9847f35c488d&ei=5070

Do cats still find bones anymore?
    This just in!
    Flying Mammal Found From 125 Million Years Ago[/b]

I'm takin' 'bout the big ones that get displayed in the museums. Not some 200 million toothpick shit.

• That's rac sizeist!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Is that a painting or photograph? In either case it's very cool.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    You know...the topic of dinosaurs is weird to me. It is one of those things you don't really think about after a certain age. You learn about them when you are young, kind of take it for granted, and then move on.

Dude, not me. I lived and breathed dinosaurs as a kid. Many a galactic battle between my dinosaurs and my Muscle Men occurred in my childhood sandbox.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Many a galactic battle between my dinosaurs and my Muscle Men[/b] occurred in my childhood sandbox.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Mind Sex???

• you on some fresh bedda lettuce with croutons or what?

• TRICERATOPS BATCHES.

and we all know MyLatency's favorite...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts