USA PASSPORT expediting

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
hi doodz,can anyone recommend a cheap, fast, and convenient way of obtaining a passport in the states? can anyone in NYC recommend a spot? how much are we talking & what's the turn around?thanks in advance.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    go to the office on hudson street and you can get it in one day if you can prove that you are traveling within two weeks. I think thats the rule, but look it up on line.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    expedit charges are a bitch to. bring

• go to the office on hudson street and you can get it in one day if you can prove that you are traveling within two weeks. I think thats the rule, but look it up on line.

yep, those expediting services are a scam. you can always do it yourself. i dont know about nyc, but i had to get one when i was living in boston and it was pretty easy. showed up at some govt office with my info and a passport photo. came back a few hours later and it was done.

• hi doodz,

can anyone recommend a cheap, fast, and convenient way of obtaining a passport in the states? can anyone in NYC recommend a spot? how much are we talking & what's the turn around?

thanks in advance.

i only know the rush service, i had to use it a few years ago for sudden UK trip. it was like $150 or so

Call the automated appointment line at the passport agency on Hudson street (it's down by S.O.B.'s, a block west of there)

212 206 3500

Make an appointment.

address:

NEW YORK Passport Agency
    376 Hudson Street
    New York, NY 10014

Everything you need to bring will be explained to you on the automated telephone line,
    but here's a rundown:

- You will need your airline ticket to qualify for the expedited service.

- two 2"x2" color photos that match the following specs:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotos/digital_photography.html

- license or other valid gov. issued ID

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    thanks for the info guys. yeah, i actually just need a replacement passport. i've misplaced mine, but it's still vaild. i'm travelling in 2 wks.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    im sorry if i wasn't clear. when i say go to the office on hudson street, I mean the state department and that is doing it yourself. It will alsways cost money to expedite, thats kinda your fault for waiting, but its less than having an agency do it.