movie strut - ALPHA DOG

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
very well made movie. entertaining, funny, and sad. "provocative look" at apathetic youth culture of today. lots of good young actors.

Comments

• very well made movie. entertaining, funny, and sad. "provocative look" at apathetic youth culture of today. lots of good young actors.

didn't they make a TV movie of this same story? I feel like I remember seeing it over a year ago.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

very well made movie. entertaining, funny, and sad. "provocative look" at apathetic youth culture of today. lots of good young actors.

8.5?
    Could you own it and watch it twice a year?
    Was Justin Timberlake harder than Tupac/Bishop?
    What was on the soundtrack & score?
    Was that chickadee smokin?
    Was there a "hold the gun sideways" scene?
    Did you cry?
    What part of the country was it based?
    Which good young actor should we look out for?

• very well made movie. entertaining, funny, and sad. "provocative look" at apathetic youth culture of today. lots of good young actors.

I saw the trailer for this flick about 10 months ago. Looked cool but then it never came out. Apparently, the producer had full access to the case files and the release was delayed because the trial for the dude was going on or about to begin or something like that.

I'll check it out on DVD. Looks kinda wack....

The ad as it appears in magazines and weeklies features quotes and blurbs from reviews its gotten so far. None of them actually saying that it's a good movie. Just cleverly strung together to give the illusion that the reviewers liked it.

Besides, the last thing I need to see is two hours of Timberlake as a fake tatted-up tough guy. I can suspend disbelief as well as the next guy, but c'mon...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I saw the trailer for this flick about 10 months ago. Looked cool but then it never came out. Apparently, the producer had full access to the case files and the release was delayed because the trial for the dude was going on or about to begin or something like that.

This was one of the bigger films (along with Little Miss Sunshine) to get a lot of buzz coming out of last years Sundance festival. I'm amazed it took so long for them to get a good distrobution deal, there was a bidding war that began almost as soon as the ending credits rolled.

Besides, the last thing I need to see is two hours of Timberlake as a fake tatted-up tough guy. I can suspend disbelief as well as the next guy, but c'mon...

I thnk this is what everyone is having to get over, I don't find it hard to beleive Justin can play a good villian, I just find it hard to think of him as anything but a pretty boy singer.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i honestly thought this flick was garbage. the best part about it was that chick from the OC at the end that was like

"lets fuck" and got naked and had her titties exposed

besides that it was a pile of hot shit

Sharon Stone dressed in a fat suit is disturbing.

the best part about it was that chick from the OC

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    the best part about it was that chick from the OC

was that her? she had dark hair in it. id remember her name if you told me. she was killin it though. i love dark haired girls. it was the one who kissed Mischa Barton. i didnt see it but its what ive been told.

• the best part about it was that chick from the OC

was that her? she had dark hair in it. id remember her name if you told me. she was killin it though. i love dark haired girls. it was the one who kissed Mischa Barton. i didnt see it but its what ive been told.

Olivia Wilde... NSFW Screen shot anyone???

Olivia Wilde...Screen shot anyone???