Hip Hop 8-tracks?!

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I recently picked up this 8-track comp.. check out the track listing:Soul Vol. 485 (1979)Various Artists1. She's Got The Papers On Me (Richard "Dimples" Fields")/You Got The Papers (But I Got The Man) Jean Knight & Premium2. When She Was My Girl (4 Tops)/Before I Let Go (Maze)/Who's Sad (Smokey Robinson)3. Rap, Bounce, Rollerskate (Trickeration)[/b]/Uptown (Prince)4. Heard It Through The Grapevine (Roger)/Just Once (Quincy Jones)/Get It Up (The Time)Weird for such an obscure track to be on a comp like this, huh? Anyone else ever come across any other hip hop tracks or albums on 8-track?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My boy back in the deez had a Cold Crush 8 Track joker. I dont know how he got it.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I recently picked up this 8-track comp.. check out the track listing:

Soul Vol. 485 (1979)
    Various Artists

going by that track listing, this appears to be from 1981 rather than '79

• Yep, you're right.

• My boy back in the deez had a Cold Crush 8 Track joker. I dont know how he got it.

For real? I don't know why, but that is totally fucking dope.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    By this time, most major labels had abandoned the 8-track, and with the rise of the Walkman, 8-tracks were limited to people on the Columbia or RCA Record clubs, truckers, and people like Nardwuar The Human Serviette.

Somewhere in this world, someone has an 8-track I made featuring House Of Pain, Mad Flava, and Cypress Hill.