Jay-Z ft. Aztec (TexasStrutDown4TheBrown-Related)

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
From SpineMagazine.com:05 June 2005 16:53 Posted by TOBESJay Z and Aztec (new Roc La Familia artist from Houston) - 'Back Then Freestyle'(mp3) Texas headz: Who's this Aztec dude? HermP.S. [color:green]MEXICAN[/color] [color:red]POWER!!![/color][/b] (It's about fuckin' time. Are we the majority yet?)

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    From SpineMagazine.com:

05 June 2005 16:53 Posted by TOBES
    Jay Z and Aztec (new Roc La Familia artist from Houston) - 'Back Then Freestyle'(mp3)

Texas headz: Who's this Aztec dude?

Herm

P.S.

[color:green]MEXICAN[/color] [color:red]POWER!!![/color][/b]

(It's about fuckin' time. Are we the majority yet?)

gringo-ass "neeeeeeeyagah"

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    FLAMES

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Certainly the majority out here. The radio is slowly turning into reggaeton/pocos pero locos chicano rap. Please give them an artist thats sort of decent to champion! Mabye this aztec dude is sufficiently raza to turn some attention off horrible shit like lil rob.

It would still be totally hilarious to see chingo bling blow up. But fuck baby bash.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    he sort of blew up already, but i dont predict pitbull will be going away anytime soon. latinos have finally kicked down the door and Ill bet even reggaeton is probably here to stay.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    heard kayslay play him on his show,was hyping him up pretty big.'you ain't never heard a spic spit like this!'

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    isn't the beat from Mike Jones or the Chopped and Screwed Mixtape?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    'Back Then Freestyle'

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Aztec is this cat from S.W.A.T. (Southwest Alief Texas (basically sw houston)) crew. A young cat that just got signed to the Roc. Works with some other mostly Latino cats here that are creating a pretty strong buzz down here, Rob G, GodWon, Vzilla, etc...

I'll post his website once I find it again.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Aztec is this cat from S.W.A.T. (Southwest Alief Texas (basically sw houston)) crew. .

S.W.A.T. - the muthufucking town.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Nice machine gun sound effect when you hover over the links.

I'm saying... SWAT!!! Whatchu know?!!

yeah, you're right...

yeah, you're right...

I want rich people problems like parking my boat...

What is this about "Houston lightweights like Juan Diaz?" Please enlighten those of us who have not been enculturated into the "scene."

yeah, you're right...

I want rich people problems like parking my boat...

What is this about "Houston lightweights like Juan Diaz?" Please enlighten those of us who have not been enculturated into the "scene."

A different "scene" altogether.

Clever! I like it. The lisp is very endearing.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I like this dude. I think he's already my favorite down south rapper. I love the stuff he's saying in that interview.
    Is Roc La Familia gonna be like the Latino and / or southern division of Rocafella or something?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I heard this on the radio this morning.

That beat is actually kind of bananas, which I never realized until I heard Jay over it. I don't think I've ever even made it all the way through the Mike Jones version.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

which I never realized until I heard Jay over it.

Fanboy.

which I never realized until I heard Jay over it.

Fanboy.

Terd

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

That beat is actually kind of bananas, which I never realized until I heard Jay over it.

Your New-York-centric, East-Coast bias is disgusting[/b]!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

-e

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

That beat is actually kind of bananas, which I never realized until I heard Jay over it. I don't think I've ever even made it all the way through the Mike Jones version.

That's an Austin beat there, Yanktoid.

Saw Aztek perform along with V-zilla a few months back. Without knowing who he was going into it, I came away impressed. Crazy to see that he's blowm so big since.

Damn, now someone needs to jump on the others who performed that night...namely Element, Young Nick, Mirage, and Kaizen.

That's an Austin beat there, Yanktoid.

I guess Austin runs New York.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Saw Aztek perform along with V-zilla a few months back. Without knowing who he was going into it, I came away impressed. Crazy to see that he's blowm so big since.

it's a bit presumptious to say this dude has already "blown", no?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

From doing a poorly attended show at Flamingo Cantina as a back-up MC to sharing a track with Jay-Z within a few months is blown enough for me.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

From doing a poorly attended show at Flamingo Cantina as a back-up MC to sharing a track with Jay-Z within a few months is blown enough for me.

GIVE IT UP FOR AUSTIN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Not that dude got his serious grind on with mixtapes and shit OR that he rocked freestyles and intros on the biggest radio station in Houston...

But yeah, straight from Flamingo Cantina to The Roc.