Shawn Lee - Voices Choices

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
From the clips I've heard it sounds pretty decent. Yes, it sounds like Axelrod, but there's worse things to mimic. Has anyone heard this whole thing yet? I'm not knowing about this guy at all.

Comments

• I got his other record after hearing it at a music store in LV (what up D?). Good stuff. Would like to hear the new one. Don't know much about the artist though.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    What's good MAYN!! I don't remember you picking this one up? Big B's?

Shawn Lee is a G. Crate digger, and the natural progression of library musician and producer. I would kill to have a Discography as good and varied as his. I was really impressed by Moods and Grooves initially then Music and Rhythm came out killing it especially with tracks like Bongo Fury. Strings and things and soul visa kinda lost me. But this new album really is my favorite of his. I could do without the Omega whatts rapping and the track tired. But everything else is gold. Not too many musicians now can clearly in one record go from Axelrod-ish funk to sparse Morricone into some lush Gainsbourg. Really for this being a one man show he's kicking ass. Shawn Lee and Will Holland are a couple of musicians with my utmost respect for what they do.

- spidey

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i heard literally 4 seconds of this song the other night and bugged out

"song for david"

i'm guessing the david in question is mr axelrod