Endless grooves

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I think an endless groove at the end of either side of a record is a cool little detail, but I always seem to forget what albums have them. Here are some I've come across again lately:Archie Shepp "Things Have Got To Change" - side 2, bleepy synths, kind of like the sound of a data transfer.Merit Hemmingson "Trollskog" - side 2, sound of the wind through the troll forest.Lenny White "Venusian Summer" - side 1, music loop, deceptively low in the mix.I guess this only pertains to people with manual turntables, but please bring on some more???

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I love a locked groove. Others:

Slayer - Reign in Blood, the gentle sounds of raining blood from a lacerated sky!
    Rites of Spring - Rites of Spring, Stravinski dude

Vanguard Squad 45

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    This endless groove shit fascinates me. Here's 2 additions to the list:

Beatles - Sgt Peppers (the infamous babbling at the end of side 2)
    Eagles (yeh, choice, I know) - Live (endless audience applause at end of side 2)

SG

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Lee Ranaldo's opus dedicated to the echoplex: "From Here to Infinity"
    The reissue is hilarious (think it's on SST??) because he talks about how he was totally unhappy with the looping characteristics of the original pressings' lock groove.
    You just ask yourself... really? huh? he actually cared what a repeating groove of a tape loop sounded like? wow. deep.

oh yeah:

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Mel Brown's Fifth has a locked clanging clock sound at the end of Luv Potion.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Eagles (yeh, choice, I know) - Live (endless audience applause at end of side 2)

That is so arrogant.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    IT'S A DEMO Demo Demo Demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo.....