Please help to ID an NY subway musician

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I was on the C going downtown today and I heard what will probably be my favorite live performance of 2007. There was a blind guy, with a dog, and a couple of tiny amps strapped to himself, along with literature about himself from newspapaer articles, and a microphone on a harness by his face. He was on some abstract crooning heavy-reverb/delay amazingness. I made a mental note of his name, but by the time I got home I had forgotten it. Does anyone know who this guy is?

Comments

• I've actually seen dude....never talked to him...and it was a long time ago...

just sat back...waiting for a train...and peepin his set...woof

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    ugh.. make a note in your cellphone dawg!

i saw some hari krishnas on the subway, and they were rocking out though. black dude on harmonium, brown dude on the tabla, and a white dood playing the tamborine. pretty awesome, even though those guys are crazy (yes sorta but i dont give a fuk)

• ugh.. make a note in your cellphone dawg!

i saw some hari krishnas on the subway, and they were rocking out though. black dude on harmonium, brown dude on the tabla, and a white dood playing the tamborine. pretty awesome, even though those guys are crazy (yes sorta but i dont give a fuk)

"crazy"....come on...let's be pc around here...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I know, I was walking around after asking myself why I didn't put it in my cellphone, my dumb ass is so focused on how 'powerful' technology is yada yada, and I can't even remember to make a note to myself with my fucking smart phone.

And Hare Krishnas are definitely on some stuff. I used to go to a Hare Krishna temple on Sundays in Orlando and dance around yelling like a maniac with all those people. Everyone was barefoot. It was fun, but then one time they started preaching, and they were inviting questions. Someone asked if gay sex was okay and the dude preaching said, "No, because gay sex can't make babies." I asked if that meant that infertile people shouldn't have sex either, and they didn't really have any resolve (though better than an answer of "God said so"). That was the last time I kicked it with any Hare's.