AL Green "Let's Stay Together" Cover I.D.???!?!?!

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
HERP PrAESE!?!!So anyways a few weeks ago I caught Nu-Mark deejaying and dude dropped a cover of version of "Let's Stay Together". It was an instrumental version (I remember being rhodes and flute) sort of drum-heavy. Anyone know this? My homeboy said that European producer dude "AIM" sampled it a few years ago.....BUELER!?!??!?!?and it wasn't the Jimmy McGriff version.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    HERP PrAESE!?!!

So anyways a few weeks ago I caught Nu-Mark deejaying and dude dropped a cover of version of "Let's Stay Together". It was an instrumental version (I remember being rhodes and flute) sort of drum-heavy. Anyone know this? My homeboy said that European producer dude "AIM" sampled it a few years ago.....

BUELER!?!??!?!?

and it wasn't the Jimmy McGriff version.

is it kind of island sounding? Jake One had a cover of this track on Vol. 1 of his A&R mix and I want it!

• mighta been the Jimmy Smith or Roy Ayers version...

• havent heard jakes cd, but could be monty alexander. its all rhodes.

• Try this - I'm pretty sure this is the one your asking about.

Great album - start to finish. Also a dope cover of "Melting Pot" on it.

• Try this - I'm pretty sure this is the one your asking about.

Great album - start to finish. Also a dope cover of "Melting Pot" on it.

could u post this version at all?.. would love to hear it!

• Sorry man - I'm too broke to get a sound card for my computer and I only have it on vinyl.

Can anybody out there help us out?

• its allll about the cover of love and hapiness...not the monty version either.
    crispy drum break intro.

• i havent heard any of theze and i love this song, i need to stop hidin out with my current insufficient collection ha

• [email]P@t[/email]

I got that Boris LP, I can record it for you if need be.

• I listened online and it wasn't it

CUE WHY MUST I CRY GRAEMLIN!

i'm down to check that lp out though big homaaaaaaaaaay.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    I know Heaven 17 did the production on the 1982(?) Tina Turner cover of this tune which charted well. They may have issued a dub version. IIRC it sounded better than it looked on paper.