Boogie Trip Mix (download related)

pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Just figured I'd make a little simple mix of some of my new tracks I found recently. I didn't beatmatch or anything, just recorded them. Enjoy! Anyone know anything about that Doris Ebong record? I can't find anything about it. Its a Nigerian thing....produced by Tony Essien (he seems to be behind alot of the african records I dig).PJ - Boogie Trip MixTracklist:Doris Ebong - Boogie TripRoyale - I Want Your BodyBayo Damazio - Listen To The MusicRonnie - The Way I Feel RapKio Amachree - IvoryEsbee Family - Chics And ChickenTogether - You're Just Teasing MeThe Caprells - What Ever Goes UpBunny Mack - Let Me Love You

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Thx for this!

Bunny Mack - Let Me Love You

One of my fav traxx. Tho, I prefer the instrumental version. When the bassline hits at around 2:25 in the song and it's played on a loud sound system, it's crazy!!! The 45 version on a 12" and 7" are easy to find. But the 33 1/3 12" version is pretty hard to find. But well worth it IMO.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Thx for this!

One of my fav traxx. Tho, I prefer the instrumental version. When the bassline hits at around 2:25 in the song and it's played on a loud sound system, it's crazy!!! The 45 version on a 12" and 7" are easy to find. But the 33 1/3 12" version is pretty hard to find. But well worth it IMO.

I got the 4-track LP from '81 recently... been trying to figure out the deal, are these versions rerecordings or the same as the prior singles? I'd never heard any of it before

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

I got the 4-track LP from '81 recently... been trying to figure out the deal, are these versions rerecordings or the same as the prior singles? I'd never heard any of it before

yeah I was wondering the same....anyone have recordings of the others? (I have the LP as well). Be interested to hear the differences.

I also have Bunny Macks other one....although Let Me Love You was the stand out.

-pj

• Enjoy!

PJ - Boogie Trip Mix

thanks a bunch!
    made my afternoon extra funkay

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

yeah I was wondering the same....anyone have recordings of the others? (I have the LP as well). Be interested to hear the differences.

I also have Bunny Macks other one....although Let Me Love You was the stand out.

-pj

The Rokel 12" and 7" both came out in 79 and both play at 45. I see both quite often. The 4 track I don't see often. All pressings seem to be the same tracks, with no different versions.

After I sold my copy to a good friend, it took me around 2 years of searching to see another one come up. It's an 84 press, but I sooo prefer the record at 33 1/3.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Awesome stuff. Thanx!

SG

• why do you prefer it at 33 rpm soooo much? 45 rpm 12" is the highest fidelity of all vinyl formats!