Tonight in Seattle!!!!!!

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
I have been tapped to play this event and I am allowed 100% freedom to do me and play what ever I wish! That means the real deal ish people......................Come out tonight if your in the area and show your support.

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    does this go til pretty late? I'm here at work til 8.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Until 2:00 AM. Starts around 10:00PM.

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    I am allowed 100% freedom to do me and play what ever I wish!

be warned folks, this means doobie brothers, rod stewart's "do ya think i'm sexy?", and WHAM on 12"s...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I have been tapped to play this event and I am allowed 100% freedom to do me and play what ever I wish! That means the real deal ish people......................

Come out tonight if your in the area and show your support.

Not trying to side bust here "Dee Rock" but I've been booked many a time to "play whatever I want" and it really means me playing the usual club set once the clock strikes 10:30/11:00. Actually when I'm asked "play what I want" it tends to be EVEN MORE corny than expected. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    LOL!!!!!!!! Jokes. I feel ya' I get asked all the time to play this or that or what I want and then they ask for the same shit as usual once I get there. Can't play it if I don't bring it! Doobie Brothers 12" Long Train Running for sure, Rod Stewart maybe and Wham not at all. Little River Band for sure.........................

Can't play it if I don't bring it!

That shit never works! No matter how many times I (and I'm sure pretty much all the other working deejays on this board) say "I didn't bring it" it doesn't do jack shit they'll just have their homegirls (or boyfriends) ask for it.

My favourite is when it's 10:30, the club is sort of empty,they start asking for the "12:00-1:30" heat ,and just can't understand that you'll play that stuff when it's time/later.

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    little river band? jesus preme, that's dope... for real!
    hope all is well and that the party went off fine...
    lates holmes

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    little river band? jesus preme, that's dope... for real!
    hope all is well and that the party went off fine...
    lates holmes

The funny thing is, I've been doing a vinyl transfer for someone for the last few weeks, and one of the albums was a 2LP compilation of pre-LRB material. One of the groups were called Axiom, and the early stuff wasn't too bad at all. But I ended singing various Little River Band songs in my head for about a week: "Happy Anniversary", "Reminiscing", "Man On Your Mind", "Night Owls" (fricken "Night Owls"!!!).

At least it's not Air Supply.

So, was it "Magnum OST soundtrack night" or "It ain't no fun if the homies can't have none"?