shall we get things started

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Thoughts? Comments?On Wednesday, the House voted to raise the minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.25 per hour.The bill also extends for the first time the federal minimum wage to the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands. However, it exempts American Samoa, another Pacific island territory that would become the only U.S. territory not subject to federal minimum-wage laws.One of the biggest opponents of the federal minimum wage in Samoa is StarKist Tuna, which owns one of the two packing plants that together employ more than 5,000 Samoans, or nearly 75 percent of the island's work force. StarKist's parent company, Del Monte Corp., has headquarters in San Francisco, which is represented by Mrs. Pelosi.If you ask me, that deal sounds FISHY, baby, oh yeah. But I'm sure all you democrats will fall for it, HOOK, LINE and SINKER.And their earmarks legislation is also beginning to FLOUNDER, yeah baby.

Comments

• $360 billion spent on the Iraq war, over 3,000 Americans dead....and you are worried about the minimum wage in Samoa????

When was the last time the Republicans passed a minimum wage hike...that's right, they were/are opposed to it.

The dems are getting things moving within the first 2 weeks.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    $360 billion spent on the Iraq war, over 3,000 Americans dead....and you are worried about the minimum wage in Samoa????

I dont set the legislative docket.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Well it's still 99.9% more than the other guys were going to do, right? I suppose we'll have to take it. After all, these are still congressmen we're talking about, not holy messiahs.