Soil & "PIMP" Sessions play NYC

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
These bad-boys are playing at the Hiro Ballroom on Jan 24. US debut live performance, plus they have a new single out in Feb and an album in March.Info hereSo who's going?

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    ok fine. i'm going.

and no mention of gilles? shame on a NUH!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    so tempting like perfect brows.....

• Saw them play couple of years ago, Cargo in London, they tore the roof off. Nuts!

Don't miss it!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Why does this have to be on a freaking Wednesday night dammit. I am so pissed I'm going to miss this, if the records are any indication the live show must be amazing. I hate working!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I wish they would tour more cities

london-paris-nyc-copenhagen

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    airfare/hotel for 6 dudes ain't cheap. Not many N. American cities can boast a scene that can support that. Only Giant Step and maybe Fresco in SF can pull it off.

Toronto used to be one, alas the bubble has burst and there's no longer any money in it.

dude in orange pants likes his "support". ayooooo

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

london-paris-nyc-copenhagen[/b]

Where did you come across that tour schedule, A*****e? I can't find that info anywhere, and if they're coming to CPH, I want to check it out.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

Where did you come across that tour schedule, A*****e? I can't find that info anywhere, and if they're coming to CPH, I want to check it out.
    Unfortunately no Europe tour is planned as far as I know. They'll do some heavy local touring after the single+album are released and only after that will they start touring other parts of the world.

Seen them in UNIT (Tokyo), Ueda Jazz Festival (Nagano), BIGCAT (Osaka), Secobar (Tokyo), Jazz Caf?? (London) and at one place in Kichijoji, Tokyo. They are not to be missed.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im offended by the name of this band. a little racist and a little sexist.

• Funny anecdote...they used to be called Soil & Weed but their Japanesse label wanted them to change it to something less offesnive.

Soil & Hemp Sessions they were called. Makes a whole lot more sense, really. They changed it and the 'PIMP' is always written with quotation marks on official releases.

At Jazz Caf?? last year.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Unfortunately no Europe tour is planned as far as I know.

brownswood records event page

this is where i saw it

its under gilles peterson touring but since the hiro ballroom nyc tour is with soil/pimp I thought that copenhagen could be too

i cant wait for some heavy touring

and soil&hemp was a nice name

Apparently this show is over so..

Who went and how was it?

Shacho's (the 'agitator') blog reads: 僕らは最高にハッピーです。 Which means they're super psyched how things went.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    my friend went and she said it was pretty epic

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Flomotion got me on the door for their show at the Jazz Cafe in Camden last July, it was awesome, I bitterly regretted not having brought earplugs with me though. Can't knock an awesome free show, thanks again man.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    tiger blurp went, perhaps he will post and talk aboot it.

jazz dance!