Fuck 78s

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Fuck 78s, who thought of these, a porcelain doll dealer? Could they be any less portable and any more fragile? I just broke a really good one yall and I'm pissed. FuckFuckFuckI'm sounding like Fatback, perhaps I should sip on something and chillax.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    You gotta rip a non-compressed WAV and then put them in the vault.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I was getting ready to sell this James Brown 78 and as I was looking at it made it crack. (NoCarrie). hell jyeah.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i dont know if you associate me with breaking shit or saying fuck. after i broke some Dial Charlie Parker 78s, i swore i'd quit. then i found these Coleman Hawkins/Thelonious monk 78s. and broke them. i still look though.

i always wondered why early 10" LPs said "unbreakable". i'm like wtf i could break that easy. but no. fuck with some 78s. they'll break just sitting on your shelf. fuck it. i got these Asch 78s that sound better than any record i owns.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    If your 78 is broken you should try this at home

These crazy vinyl diggin scientists have invented a technique to recover old records buy taking pictures of records. The especialy invented it for broken 78s, but it will work with any record.

They call it visual audio.

Here is the website where they explain how their technik is working:

VISUAL AUDIO

Here are 2 TV reports about that, if you dont speak German or French this shouldnt stop you from wathcing it, you will get it anyway through the pictures.

German TV Report

French TV Report

Peace
    Hawkeye

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    If your 78 is broken you should try this at home

These crazy vinyl diggin scientists have invented a technique to recover old records buy taking pictures of records. The especialy invented it for broken 78s, but it will work with any record.

They call it visual audio.

Here is the website where they explain how their technik is working:

VISUAL AUDIO

for some reason, it seems like this process wouldnt have as much hiss as the examples have...but then again maybe i dont understand the process well enough. i figure, if its translating the grooves themselves, wouldnt that cancel out whatever was stuck in the grooves and otherwise, leaving you with the clean recording?