SYLK 130

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I was diggin through my crates earlier and found this album called "Re-Members Only" by Sylk 130.I remember back in 2001/2002 listenin' to it but if (today) you asked me what it sounds like : I gave it a listen (still listening!), this album is Don't sleep.https://www.sixdegreesrecords.com/Mercha...y_Code=08_vinyl I need more Music like this in my life!

Comments

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i went to the reunion show in philly that went down in the summer of last year
    it was real dope

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    masses of music buyers/dancers love king britt and josh wink

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I was extremely disappointed w/ this album when it came out. He was going for that 80's retro thang, which was starting to really bubble then. I can never return to the album.

• Even further back than that, around 1998, I had a King Britt & Sylk 130 12" single for a song called "The Reason" that had Bahamadia on it. I dug the hell out of that song and its total retro sound. I had the full album the song was on at one point but I seem to recall the album as a whole didn't appeal to me as much. I still have a couple copies of the 12" though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Even further back than that, around 1998, I had a King Britt & Sylk 130 12" single for a song called "The Reason" that had Bahamadia on it. I dug the hell out of that song and its total retro sound. I had the full album the song was on at one point but I seem to recall the album as a whole didn't appeal to me as much. I still have a couple copies of the 12" though.

See now i dig the first album(70's) alot but his second joint(80's) i found to be........tepid.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Even further back than that, around 1998, I had a King Britt & Sylk 130 12" single for a song called "The Reason" that had Bahamadia on it. I dug the hell out of that song and its total retro sound. I had the full album the song was on at one point but I seem to recall the album as a whole didn't appeal to me as much. I still have a couple copies of the 12" though.

See now i dig the first album(70's) alot but his second joint(80's) i found to be........tepid.

I have both albums, I prefere [by far] the second one, the one I'm talking about.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's my dude.