Whut It Dew 4

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
If for nothing else, to check out the lyrical genius of Gerald G...then you'll never get enough of Tum Tum's Caprice Musik as well.More on the shop...

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    that opening street military track is nuts
    honestly i think this is one of the better ones he's done, or maybe i just like more rap music thats out right now

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is this a trap?

How can one cop without setting oneself up for accusations of carpetbaggeurdom?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Is this a trap?

Easy...buy it in person at the Top Dollar shop.

Is this a trap?

Easy...buy it in person at the Top Dollar shop.

Short of investing in a roundtrip plane ticket in order to buy a $12 mixtape, what other courses of action can you recommend?

This is purely theoretical; I've already had it for about a week.

Short of investing in a roundtrip plane ticket in order to buy a $12 mixtape, what other courses of action can you recommend?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    haha loving this thread

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    honestly i think this is one of the better ones he's done

Street Military is a they, you bagguer.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    honestly i think this is one of the better ones he's done

Street Military is a they, you bagguer.
    'he' referred to rapid ric, i know who street military are

dont try to breihan me

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    whats the matter with that kid's nose?

??

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

good save.

For those who have yet to see it, here's the viceo...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

good save.
    'or maybe i just like more rap music that's out right now' should have made that clear but whatever

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    oh hey guys i just got back from austin with my copy (thanks priceline). sounds really good.

oh hey guys i just got back from austin with my copy (thanks priceline). sounds really good.

You could always take a trip through the mental. Surely on one of your backpacker cds, someone provides instructions of how to astral travel. I'd suggest for the most authentic ATX experience, take yourself to Highland Mall at dusk and wait for the first grackle out of millions assembled to poop upon your shoulder. Only then can you enjoy the Whut It Dew series with a clear conscious.

• oh hey guys i just got back from austin with my copy (thanks priceline). sounds really good.

You could always take a trip through the mental. Surely on one of your backpacker cds, someone provides instructions of how to astral travel. I'd suggest for the most authentic ATX experience, take yourself to Highland Mall at dusk and wait for the first grackle out of millions assembled to poop upon your shoulder. Only then can you enjoy the Whut It Dew series with a clear conscious.

5 stars for incorporating "trip through the mental," "astral travel," "Highland Mall" and "grackle poop" in one post.

But no mention of Sugar's Uptown Cabaret?

• I' waiting on what the Village Voice, The New York Times, Turntable Lab, Catch Dubs, The Rub, Low-Bee.com/forum, Oxycottontail, HUF, and 0-Dub have to say about it. Then and ONLY THEN will I decide to "stop and cop".

I' waiting on what the Village Voice, The New York Times, Turntable Lab, Catch Dubs, The Rub, Low-Bee.com/forum, Oxycottontail, HUF, and 0-Dub have to say about it. Then and ONLY THEN will I decide to "stop and cop".

I don't even know who half those things/people are--you, my friend, are officially a hipsteur.

• I' waiting on what the Village Voice, The New York Times, Turntable Lab, Catch Dubs, The Rub, Low-Bee.com/forum, Oxycottontail, HUF, and 0-Dub have to say about it. Then and ONLY THEN will I decide to "stop and cop".

I don't even know who half those things/people are--you, my friend, are officially a hipsteur.

seriously? i thought you would be aware of all those things excpet HUF, Oxxycottontail, and the low-bee.com/forum

I' waiting on what the Village Voice, The New York Times, Turntable Lab, Catch Dubs, The Rub, Low-Bee.com/forum, Oxycottontail, HUF, and 0-Dub have to say about it. Then and ONLY THEN will I decide to "stop and cop".

seriously? i thought you would be aware of all those things excpet HUF, Oxxycottontail, and the low-bee.com/forum

Nope. What is this "O-Dub" of which you speak? And does Meagan Good go there?

Nope. What is this "O-Dub" of which you speak? And does Meagan Good go there?

he's an old white boy with a blog.

And I'm waiting for Bavu Blakes to become an official OkayArtist before I'm willing to tell y'all anything about him.

• But no mention of Sugar's Uptown Cabaret?

LOL. Right on. My homeboy is the head DJ over there.

Perfect 10 is where it's at now though. Sugar's is kinda falling off, sadly.

And I'm waiting for Bavu Blakes to become an official OkayArtist before I'm willing to tell y'all anything about him.

F'reals? Cool....i'll make sure to pick-up his back catalog once that happens. I can't wait.

seriously, good for him I think he's nice with the raping lips.

F'reals? Cool....i'll make sure to pick-up his back catalog once that happens. I can't wait.

I should inform you right now that Bavu isn't really up for an official OkayArtist embrace, but then I'd be breaking my own rule.

Did Strange Fruit Project ever get the full Okay endorsement?

I should inform you right now that Bavu isn't really up for an official OkayArtist embrace, but then I'd be breaking my own rule.

And not shatter my reputation of Soulstrut's resident kufitarian, I have no clue. I don't check okayplayer.com

SFP is cool, they had some nice tracks on "The Healing" and my boy told me it sold pretty well (indie hip-hop wise).

• I think he's nice with the raping lips.

Jesus, dude. For being the guy with this board's itchiest AYO finger, you sure do serve up some doozies.

And not shatter my reputation of Soulstrut's resident kufitarian, I have no clue. I don't check okayplayer.com

SFP is cool, they had some nice tracks on "The Healing" and my boy told me it sold pretty well (indie hip-hop wise).

Strange Fruit is indeed cool. So too are Mojoe, Verbal Seed, PPT, Element7d, and DeLoach...for those looking for related sounds.

• I think he's nice with the raping lips.

Jesus, dude. For being the guy with this board's itchiest AYO finger, you sure do serve up some doozies.

ooooh what ever do you mean?

real arrested development heads know the deal (no zingalamaduni)

Harvey:

The Mojoe record didn't really grab my ear and I have some DaLoach 12'' that was decent.