California School Board Bans Mac Dre Clothing

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Board members from the Riverbank Unified School District in California have voted unanimously to ban clothing featuring the image of slain Sacramento-based artist Mac Dre, the Associated Press reports. Mac Dre, who was killed in Kansas City, Mo., in 2004, is partly known for popularizing the term ???to thizz??? and making the ???thizz face,??? to describe the use of the drug ecstasy. According to Riverbank High School Principal Ken Geisick, clothing bearing the rapper???s image is rare at the school, and no student there has been caught with ecstasy in the last four years; however, he suggested that the ban was more of a preemptive move on the part of officials. Interestingly, the AP noted that students have not been barred from wearing clothing with the image of other artists known to be associated with drug use.
Source

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    preemptive move

• They apparently don't understand that banning it will make it more cool.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Should we just cut-and-paste the grills thread here from a few months ago so we can avoid the inevitable arguments that will ensue here?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    that's one of the most ridiculous paragraphs i have ever read
    i'm surprised there's anyone on the school board who knows who mac dre is

• Sacramento-based artist Mac Dre

• Should we just cut-and-paste the grills thread here from a few months ago so we can avoid the inevitable arguments that will ensue here?

This isn't the same thing, though.

Stupid move by the school board.

• I suspect DJ Anna is behind this move.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I suspect DJ Anna is behind this move.

I catagorically deny this claim.

In fact, I have that Mac Dre bobblehead on my desk in my classroom! I celebrate Mac Dre's entire oeuvre! His shirts are very popular with the kiddos and maybe I'm a hypocrite, but dude's message is kind of positive compared with someone like Young Jeezy.

Anyways, where the FUCK is Riverbank?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    dude's message is kind of positive compared with someone like Young Jeezy.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    In fact, I have that Mac Dre bobblehead on my desk in my classroom!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    (that's the principal).