Good George Clinton News

strikerstriker 146 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
For a changeLOS ANGELES, June 3 /PRNewswire/ -- In a sweeping decision on Thursday, June 2, 2005, United States District Court Judge Manuel L. Real returned to George Clinton possession of four master recordings. The four albums, produced and recorded by Clinton under the name of Funkadelic, are "Hardcore Jollies," "One Nation Under A Groove," "Uncle Jam Wants You" and "The Electric Spanking of War Babies." The decision gives George Clinton sole possession of the masters, returning them to their rightful owner after more than 15 years, and Clinton has no obligation to lien holders.

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I was hoping to see good news along the lines of rehab

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    you never know, this might get him back on his feet. not owning your own work and not getting paid must be a hell of a blow to your self esteem, & touring's a young mans game so it's nice that he may have some steady cash in his dotage. this could be a big step for him getting his shit together.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    That would be the albums he did for Warner Bros. Now let's see if Armen Boladian ever gives the Westbound material to him.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    maaaaaan, I wouldn't trust those albums in the hands of a rocksmoker... he'll prolly trade em or some shit

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    you never know, this might get him back on his feet. not owning your own work and not getting paid must be a hell of a blow to your self esteem, & touring's a young mans game so it's nice that he may have some steady cash in his dotage. this could be a big step for him getting his shit together.

Yea, but the reality is that he screwed most of the funkateers and that why they left him. Just paid them as a band and didn't give them a cut. I mean George is great but that music kicks cuz of the killer musicians.