Rolling Stone Reality Show Cultivates Bay Locale

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.rollingstone.com/imfromrollin...ip-hop/#more-17"On Grove Street and Laguna in the maple-tree lined district of Fillmore, San Francisco, there???s a gathering of young, black men clad in red with gold teeth and dreadlocks with bleached tips. Police cars circle around them with daggers for eyes, willing for an infraction ??? even the most minor ??? to bring back to the local precinct. Little babies cling to their teenage mothers, plaits shining in obscene colors and intricate patterns."http://www.rollingstone.com/imfromrollin...lution/#more-24"Next time you???re in Oakland, make a wrong turn. Trust me. If you???re on Martin Luther King or way out in Deep East, take a left and you???ll see a hundred kids in the street, dancing on the hood of a purple Oldsmobile, wearing glittery grandma sunglasses and smiling so hard their gold teeth scare the sun back over the horizon of the Flatlands. The woofers in their trunks will be slapping with frantic hood party songs recorded on Pro Tools in somebody???s backyard studio.You think I???m kidding but this is Oakland today."Quality journalism? Or carpetbagguery at its best?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    A fucking joke. Dude is from San Francisco and therefore he has to call Oakland a cultural wasteland? To use a faux_rillz-ism, please be serious. Shit like this pisses me off because there are a few thousand people more qualified to write this but this dude who knows zilch ends up writing the article for the big magazine.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Shit like this pisses me off because there are a few thousand people more qualified to write this but this dude who knows zilch ends up writing the article for the big magazine.

• Man, Texas hip-hop is taking it to the NEXT LEVEL! A stuffed grasshopper!

Who will you post a picture of next, you dare devil?

• Shit like this pisses me off because there are a few thousand people more qualified to write this but this dude who knows zilch ends up writing the article for the big magazine.

Note: This is not an official Rolling Stone article. What follows is a submission to the MTV reality show.

Shit like this pisses me off because there are a few thousand people more qualified to write this but this dude who knows zilch ends up writing the article for the big magazine.

Note: This is not an official Rolling Stone article. What follows is a submission to the MTV reality show.

I read too fast and only clicked the second one, which is trash. The first isn't too shabby. I also didn't catch the MTV stuff. Doh.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    They are offering a Contributing editor position to a reality show winner. Could this mag sink any lower? And who reads that mag anymore anyways???? You only see that shit in record label lobbies and bad dorm rooms.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Shit like this pisses me off because there are a few thousand people more is only one individual fully qualified to write this but this dude who knows zilch ends up writing the article for the big magazine.

Shit like this pisses me off because there are a few thousand people more is only one individual fully qualified to write this but this dude who knows zilch ends up writing the article for the big magazine.

Would that individual happen to be you?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Would that individual happen to be you?

A little dude like me?

I wouldn't dare presume--why, I learned everything I know about Spoon Iodine from the internet.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    The writing dances, man.

• You think I???m kidding but this is Oakland today."

Quality journalism? Or carpetbagguery at its best?
    The show looks like its goin to be entertaining. The girl is pretty annoying, I think she writes for Ruckus? I met her somewhere last year. I predict a soulstrut lawyer not named Faux Rillz will make a appearance on this show.

• You think I???m kidding but this is Oakland today."

Quality journalism? Or carpetbagguery at its best?

The show looks like its goin to be entertaining. The girl is pretty annoying, I think she writes for Ruckus? I met her somewhere last year. I predict a soulstrut lawyer not named Faux Rillz will make a appearance on this show.

1).yeah that asian jawn with gold fronts. I've only read one article that i'm certain she herself wrote (Keek Da Sneak in Mass Appeal) and it wasn't that great and came off mad groupie-ish ("I was hanging out with Keek smoking weed in Sacramento").

2). DRBROWNCELERY? oooh snaaaaaaaaap. Did he turn to the camera and say "crazy straw" or "shortpants"?

• I drank alot of Rossi and puked outside Sony Studios that night. I signed a release, but that doesn't mean the shit will actually air. I would imagine they taped alot of footage they didn't use...