SAMPLE ID HELP / ORGANIZED CONFUSION UNREAL. DEMO

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
This is the Song "Mind Over Matter" by Organized Confusion. It was never officialy released and unfortunatly never appeared on their debut album. This is a Paul C production from 89 and this sample is blowing my brain TOTALY away. It reminds me a little bit on the "Theme from SWAT" when this alternativ part comes in the 2/3 of the track, from which 3rd Bass sampled for the remix of "Portrait of an Artist as a Hood". But it defintly is not Rhythm Heritage and I dont think it is "Theme from SWAT"So where are the samples from ??? Bassline, organ, choral singers, second organ ?? ORGANIZED KONFUSION - MIND OVER MATTER MP3 Thanks for any help !!!!!!!!!!!!PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This is the Song "Mind Over Matter" by Organized Confusion. It was never officialy released and unfortunatly never appeared on their debut album. This is a Paul C production from 89 and this sample is blowing my brain TOTALY away.

It reminds me a little bit on the "Theme from SWAT" when this alternativ part comes in the 2/3 of the track, from which 3rd Bass sampled for the remix of "Portrait of an Artist as a Hood". But it defintly is not Rhythm Heritage and I dont think it is "Theme from SWAT"

So where are the samples from ??? Bassline, organ, choral singers, second organ ??

ORGANIZED KONFUSION - MIND OVER MATTER MP3

Thanks for any help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

Bassline & organ are from a Crosby Stills & Nash tune ("Carry On", I think). Choral singers and the second organ sound like keyboard presets to me.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Choral singers and the second organ sound like keyboard presets to me.

Yeah I thought the same, specialy because the brother of Paul C Tim McKasty later became a keyboard player on some of Puff Daddys productions, but was not shure.

Can someone cosign on that sample ?? I'll check that anyway !!!

Thanks

Peace
    Hawkeye

I checked a snippet of that SC&N song on Amazon, it appeared not in the 30 seconds that Amazon sampled, but it could be that the loop appears earlyer or later in that track.

I'm not shure, but is here any Stills, Crosby & Nash fan on Soulstrut who got a MP3 of that original track ???

Peace
    Hawkeye

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I checked a snippet of that SC&N song on Amazon, it appeared not in the 30 seconds that Amazon sampled, but it could be that the loop appears earlyer or later in that track.

I'm not shure, but is here any Stills, Crosby & Nash fan on Soulstrut who got a MP3 of that original track ???

Peace
    Hawkeye

Yeah, it definitely appears later in the track. It starts off in typical West Coast folk-rock style, and drops into that groove about a third-to-halfway in. It's fresh in my memory because I saw a BBC documentary about that whole Laurel Canyon scene, and what it became - CSNY, Joni, David Geffen, the Eagles - just a couple of nights ago, and that song was featured in it.

just a couple of nights ago, and that song was featured in it.

You know what I love about live. Those random things that feel like fate.

Thanks !!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

Fuck I'm a bloody bastard. I wasnt wrong when I refered to 3rd bass.

For the remix of "Portrait of an Artist as a hood" they sampled "Theme of Swat" AND Crosby Stills & Nash. This organ melodie I remebered is used by 3rd bass as a break passage, 2 -3 times in that tune before going back into "Theme of Swat"

Peace
    Hawkeye