my life just got way more laid back

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
not that it is stressful to begin with, but shop owner man just agreed to let me work from home! I gotta come in just two days a week, to get the mailorder together and shipped out! Just gonna ebay shit and work on the website from the house...same pay! woo hoo!

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How are you going to break the news to your wife?

• my girlfriend already knows, she is jealous...although, with this , I am gonna have to take my house chores game up a level or two...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Careful, you're due for a major case of cabin fever and procrastination.

• Careful, you're due for a major case of cabin fever and procrastination.

yeah, but besides a wage, I also get commission for all mailorder and ebay, so it is in my best interest to get stuff up online regularly...$$$ is the motiviation not to procrastinate. Also, I can work on it at any time, so if I feel like getting out of the house for a few hours I can...if I am up late and cant sleep, I can work then...no clock.

• my girlfriend already knows, she is jealous...although, with this , I am gonna have to take my house chores Beatles record selling[/b] game up a level or two...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    my girlfriend already knows, she is jealous...although, with this , I am gonna have to take my house chores game up a level or two...

and maybe do some cooking, which should help you accumulate more points with your girlfriend.

• Careful, you're due for a major case of cabin fever and procrastination.

yeah, but besides a wage, I also get commission for all mailorder and ebay, so it is in my best interest to get stuff up online regularly...$$$ is the motiviation not to procrastinate. Also, I can work on it at any time, so if I feel like getting out of the house for a few hours I can...if I am up late and cant sleep, I can work then...no clock.

• dude...wash yourself with a rag on a stick...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    They may as well make you a moderator now.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    dude...warsh yourself with a rag on a stick...

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

NO FUCKING KIDDING

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that's awesome, here's a few tips I've figured out while having worked from home for the first quarter of 2006, straight up ebaying and job huntin' (now I work a 9-5 AND am ebaying like crazy to help my sis and purge my stacks):

- play records/music while you work, not the TV. trust me

- don't fear the 3 DEF LEPPARD INSTANT COLLECTION that can sell for $15, lol

- GET EXERCISE (NO SHIPPING DOES NOT COUNT, GOING TO GET TACOS DOES NOT COUNT)

- keep an accurate/honest timesheet

- create a system for yourself (prep recs, pictures, edit, list, hype, answer questions, pack, ship, track, feedback)

- have fun!!!!!!!

peace and good luck!

-M

• thanks for the tips...I know I am risking the cabin fever and procrastination, but, it will be nice to not to have to deal with these folks face to face anymore:

but, Ill miss the dudes bringing in boxes of 45s and all the hope that that brings...

but yes, I will heed your warnings strutfolk...