Turntable repair in NYC?

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Can anyone recommend anyone who does turntable repair in NYC? I snapped my tonearm.

Comments

• Turntable Lab used to, not sure if they still do. 212.677.0675

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    holler at me dude. i can help you out if you are in a bind.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    same here. i replaced my tone arm with no problem.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Rock and Soul Electronics is good. Labcabin hasn't repaired shit since Antonia moved to LA 2 or 3 years ago.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    sanks, bruzzaz.

j, i'm aight. thanks for looking out though.

a, you replaced it yourself or had someone do it? i think the replacement part would is about $60. Not sure what to expect to repair it. if i can do it myself, i'd prefer that, but don't want to be tangled in some wires, burning myself with a soldering gun, etc. for hours only to fuck shit up even worse and have to pay for it anyway.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I wanna like totally hook my turntables up, revamp them bitches.

Ayres you wanna kick it in Dallas or Atlanta? I say Atlanta.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    C***** - I'm going to kick it in Jackson, MS. You are welcome to come of course.

B**** - You should get Rock and Soul to do the repair - that shit's kind of a pain in the ass to do yourself whodie.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Okay maybe I'll figure something else to do. Maybe I'll go kick it in Atlanta or something. Or maybe I'll go back to Austin for a few days.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    sanks, bruzzaz.

j, i'm aight. thanks for looking out though.

a, you replaced it yourself or had someone do it? i think the replacement part would is about $60. Not sure what to expect to repair it. if i can do it myself, i'd prefer that, but don't want to be tangled in some wires, burning myself with a soldering gun, etc. for hours only to fuck shit up even worse and have to pay for it anyway.

not difficult to do if arent adverse to a little soldering:

that circut board is the only thing you need to solder/desolder. just keep track of what wire goes where before you desolder anything. hit me up if you have any probs.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    PM me if you want a pdf scanned copy of the technics repair manual.

btw: that pic above is the most fucked up RCA replacement I've seen in a while.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

B**** - You should get Rock and Soul to do the repair - that shit's kind of a pain in the ass to do yourself whodie.

if you can get it replaced for $100 including parts, id pay someone... especially if this would be your first adventure into techdom. but if your interested in doing this in the long run, its a good first project.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    when this happened to me a couple years ago, it cost me almost 200, not including the 60 i spent on the tone arm online. By the end of the whole process, i almost could have bought a new 1200.

Think that repair spot was called analogique, in chelsea.

I heard calibrating and balancing the arm is hard....