Nara Le??o (you tube related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central

I recently learned there is a commercially available DVD of this...I need it pronto.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• I know...too busy lookin for records to even consider there are vintage films of the artists available. Besides the this one and the Elis..what else is there from the program on DVD? Where can the Novos Baianos DVD be had?

that guy at brazilian pressings has the full Novos Baianos DVD.

I always think of that Simpsons episode where Homer prestends to put someone on hold "Your call is important to us ... 'and the Witchita Lineman is still on the Lie - Lie - Lie - Lie - Lie - Lie...'"

OOOOoo. A new one. Ye-Me-Le

• this is def. from the golden years of brasilian music, bossa nova, and tropicialia...very dope in my opinion!

amir

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    that guy at brazilian pressings has the full Novos Baianos DVD.

Who?

What's the link?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    he sells them on ebay, brazilianpressings is his ebay name if I recall. Also other videos of the Elis & Tom recording sessions.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Thank you Aser.

I have a REAL question, is there one SERIOUS Brazilian seller on ebay?
    always been disappointed from them and it gets me sad.

Thank you Aser.

I have a REAL question, is there one SERIOUS Brazilian seller on ebay?
    always been disappointed from them and it gets me sad.

jlandid
    brazilcult
    brazilianmusic
    hunter_rarities
    nostalgiatwist
    plainmusic
    joiaradisco

and the website superflyrecords.com

for free music see

http://loronix.blogspot.com/
    www.sabadabada.com

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

jlandid
    brazilcult
    brazilianmusic
    hunter_rarities
    nostalgiatwist
    plainmusic
    joiaradisco

and the website superflyrecords.com

THANK YOU.
    I already know some of them.

THANK YOU. I KNOW THESE SITES

• on superflyrecords.com, I have gotten a lot of stuff from them...gradings are really conservative...I even bought a VG- record from dude, and it only had the one skip(he said it had a skip on one song, so VG-) but the rest of the record was clean, and cheap.

on a related note,until I find OGs of some titles I want, I want to cop some of those Brazilian reissues that look exactly like the OGs...I have only seen them at record shows...theres gotta be someone selling them, but not passing them off as OGs...anybody know?

on superflyrecords.com, I have gotten a lot of stuff from them...gradings are really conservative...I even bought a VG- record from dude, and it only had the one skip(he said it had a skip on one song, so VG-) but the rest of the record was clean, and cheap.

on a related note,until I find OGs of some titles I want, I want to cop some of those Brazilian reissues that look exactly like the OGs...I have only seen them at record shows...theres gotta be someone selling them, but not passing them off as OGs...anybody know?

Yea, his VGs are usually EX.

As for the Reissues, I'm pretty sure that all the copies of Papudinho Especial and Quarteto Sambacana that have been sold in the past 2 years are reissues. I heard they come from Eastern Europe, land of mystery and intrigue.

There is a recordstore in England that I purchased nice reissue/bootleg copies of Marcos Valle and Merielles LPs from, but I cant think of the name right now. Give me a little bit, it will come to me. They were good - and super cheap.