The Flu - non appreciation post

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
This shit sucks. I hate being sick & miserable. Hot then cold etc. runny nose, body aches, sore throat. On a 4 day holiday weekend too. All the luck. I swear, working with kids makes you a magnet for any sickness that comes around. There were 500 out of 1500 of the students at school away with it at one stage last week, only a matter of time before it got me.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Man just had that a week ago. I feel for you. Usually I'm onyl sick a couple days and this time it was a week. I'm getting old.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    It's not you gettin goldder, it's those damn viruses getting more and more aggressive.

For a serious case of the flu nowadays it can easily take 7-10 days sometimes up to 15 days to get rid of.

Since it's viruses and not bacteria, even antibiotics won't help.

Take yourself enought time to really cure it, drink lots and lots of water, at least 3 large bottles of evian or other high quality spring water should be the dayly minimum.

For me, hot baths also help, I usualy submerge a six pack of dark beer with myself in the hot water and drink it up while sweating like a pig, this should give a kickstart to your immune system and also make you very sleepy. Sleep is good, always make sure you wrap yourself in as many blankets as you can find, sweating is good for you. Always keep in mind that for the ammount of hot beer you drink, you need to drink at least double the ammount of water on top of the 5 liter daily minimum since alcohol dehydrates your body. Dark rum with honey, lime juice and ground up ginger root is also very good.