google maps

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
everybody and their best friend has probably used this at one point, but im checkin out a lot of areas from my childhood, my parents house, my current house and others...its kinda fucking me upjust looked at some of my secret spots, my high school....this is weeeeeeird shit. if you told me about this being a reality like 10 years ago i probably wouldnt have believed youanybody else ever spend hours on here?

Comments

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    AAAahh
    Me & the missus are thinking of moving to barcelona, so i've been hitting google earth heavy lately.

it can be a really strange feeling looking at places you haven't been to in years, wait till that shits in real time though

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    it can be a really strange feeling looking at places you haven't been to in years, wait till that shits in real time though

yeah...no kidding..

its really weird right now, ive noticed that certain areas are really up-to-date, and others havent been photographed for a good 3+ years. when i looked at my parents house, there was our new driveway, which was just put in a few months ago, yet the mall my mom works at part-time was still being constructed, and it was finished like 3 years ago.

the other weird thing is on the boundaries of a newer image vs. an older one, sometimes a busy street will fade into an empty cornfield, which is especially strange when you switch to hybrid mode, because there will be all kinds of ghost roads and shit...

this is kinda creeping me out

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    yeah my flat isn't even built yet..

are you just on googlemaps or the earth browser? there's a couple of sites like Google Earth Hacks & the Google Earth Blog that gathers together interesting stuff, there's some strange shit out there.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    you can zoom in further with google earth

• the illest shit is to find one of the volcanos in the pacific NW like mt st helens and
    zoom way into it.