Digging in Cairo: spots, titles?

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Headed on a scuba diving trip in the Red Sea with a few days lay in Cairo... anyone got any spots, contacts, dealers, or titles?I am pakora-less so any info on even on known titles will be helpful. thanks in advance... the s

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Go to waxidermy. Ask Milan.
    Also theoretically ask Vitamin, but he seemed to be working more than digging.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Headed on a scuba diving trip in the Red Sea with a few days lay in Cairo... anyone got any spots, contacts, dealers, or titles?

I am pakora-less so any info on even on known titles will be helpful. thanks in advance... the s

Sorry no help with digging, but bro, if you are going to the red sea, make sure you go to the Blue Hole just out of Dahab down from Sharm-El-Sheik.

I have travelled the world, been to many a dive spot (Great Barrier Reef, Thailand, Curacao)but nothing and i mean NOTHING compares to what you experience at the blue hole,i dont wanna sound like a hippy but there is something magical about that place, bells is off the hook.
    It also happens to be the site that has claimed the most lives, so keep your head right, it really is something else.

watch that Bedouin desert ish too, shit had me tripping.

• Go to waxidermy. Ask Milan.
    Also theoretically ask Vitamin, but he seemed to be working more than digging.

here u go!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

pics like that literally make my mouth water.

really.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Go to waxidermy. Ask Milan.

He posts here as Generique too, but very rarely these days.

• Headed on a scuba diving trip in the Red Sea with a few days lay in Cairo... anyone got any spots, contacts, dealers, or titles?

I am pakora-less so any info on even on known titles will be helpful. thanks in advance... the s

Sorry no help with digging, but bro, if you are going to the red sea, make sure you go to the Blue Hole just out of Dahab down from Sharm-El-Sheik.

I have travelled the world, been to many a dive spot (Great Barrier Reef, Thailand, Curacao)but nothing and i mean NOTHING compares to what you experience at the blue hole,i dont wanna sound like a hippy but there is something magical about that place, bells is off the hook.
    It also happens to be the site that has claimed the most lives, so keep your head right, it really is something else.

watch that Bedouin desert ish too, shit had me tripping.

Word, that write up kind of scared the shit out of me, I don't know if wifey will be up to it but we'll see. Good looking out for the info.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Haven't seen Milan around lately, but he was finding some cool shit. His Indiana Jones stories made it sound like records are not easy things to find there period though.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh, I thought you said "spots, titties."

Nevermind...

• I have been digging for a day in Cairo but didnt find anything at all. I found one place with records some where in town but nothing of any interest. There had probably been a lot of people before me.

I decided to go see the pyramids instead just before the site closed.

Dress

• While digging in Stockholm I found a section full of Egyptian records. Very, very nice looking covers but a lot were torn to shit and not very interesting. However I picked one LP up by a singer called Hazihi Leilati. The record is called "Om Kalsoum" and I absolutely love it. There's some sparse drums and electric guitar throught these two long tracks, both covering one side each. I've listened to it countless times and really like it. It's not ARABFUNKPSYCHBRAEKRAER but just really good music.

It's referenced on this page that also has a lot of titles on it. Might wanna make some notes or something.

http://almashriq.hiof.no/egypt/700.arts/780.music/umKoulthoum/discography/

Have fun, always haggle. Eat stuffed pigeon (it's the national dish and absolutely delicious) and fuul (bean mash of a sort) in bread and have a blast. Egypt is great (and very comfortable this time of year)...

- J

• thanks for the info everyone!

• actyually Om Kalsoum is the name of a very well known Egyptian female vocalist...the other is the title...just clarifying...

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    dont know if this helps.
    found this sono at a flea market last summer. it has same good stuff for drum and bass.