ringtones

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
i decided to get a new ringtone today and downloaded this free verizon app to get one...anyway im browsing it and im pretty impressed with some of the stuff you can get on herebut this was really really REALLY strange to mei looked up DJ Shadow, and all they had was "Entropy"what?! i fucking love that song, but of all the tracks theyd have my mind is just boggled that theyd choose one that is so impossible to track down elsewhere and has nearly no tonality to it whatsoeververy strangei think im gonna download it.

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    actually fuck it im gonna get Cissy Strut

• This site myxertones.com allows you to upload mp3s to your phone for free. Unfortunately, they arbitrarily cut off the beginning of the tracks you send in, and eventually (3 tracks give or take) they want you to sign up with them. They've also got some service for distributing ringtones for people.

• Making your own ringtones is where its @, and free to.

Check this place for mad phone geeks.

Making Ring Tones and other Goodies for your phones. Do it your Self Style

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    If you've got a phone with bluetooth, you can probably just upload mp3s to your phone and use them. It's a piece of cake with my Sony Ericsson z520a.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I need to get a new phone with a better speaker. I ripped a few new ringtones tonight, classic breakbeats such as "apache" and "ashley's," and was underwhelmed by the washed out distortion. My friend had the intro to "Riders on the Storm" on his phone and it sounded like the damn radio was on.

But I guess a two-year+ old phone like mine is a dinosaur these days...

Any recs on a new model that I can get for under $100 with rebates and all that? I don't need the slimmest of the slim.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I need to get a new phone with a better speaker. I ripped a few new ringtones tonight, classic breakbeats such as "apache" and "ashley's," and was underwhelmed by the washed out distortion. My friend had the intro to "Riders on the Storm" on his phone and it sounded like the damn radio was on.

But I guess a two-year+ old phone like mine is a dinosaur these days...

Any recs on a new model that I can get for under $100 with rebates and all that? I don't need the slimmest of the slim.

Sony Ericsson is where it's at. They have a few really nice models with mp3 players, cameras and such, as well as some more basic stuff.

I used my friend's 3G compatible LG phone the other day though and the voice quality was out of this world clear for a phone. But I've also heard LGs aren't too reliable and have reception problems, so I don't know.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Problem is a lot of breaks and stuff just don't cut through sonically - esp. if in a busy street or noisy car and the phone is in your pocket. I have had everything from Bruce Lee quotes to Jaco basslines but I've settled on some Soil & Pimp Sessions "Summer Goddess" - blaring horn action [no ayo] from the word go.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    I have the "Soul-Glo" theme song from Coming To America and everytime my phone rings at work I get the strangest looks, the blazing sax intro then the shrieking vocals! I love it, nice and loud on my sony-erricson phone!

• shit..all I have is "Grindin'" and "My Chrome"! I want some shit yall talking about. I have a SidekickII, can I use it to do what yall are talking 'bout?
    H.