Please stop me from paying $50 on a t-shirt!!!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Damn, this shirt is NIIIIIICE, but $50?!?! Please tell me one of you saw this for $40. I can live with that. The graphic is from the GB ft Spacek "Simply So" 12". I framed the cover as soon as I got the LP. Fell in love with the song too, both the OG and the *gasp!* Sa-Ra remix (what can I say? I'm a sucker for farty bass!). I'm not really a fan of the much-abused allover print, but that profile and those colors are just very beautiful to me.HermDamn LabCabin bullshit!

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you can't type Labcabin's name, even in a link.

It becomes labcabin every time.

holy crap, the first one ^^^ I typed T T L and it STILL did it

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    holy crap, the first one ^^^ I typed T T L and it STILL did it

teach me what labcabin means

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    i JUST saw that shirt at T T LAB and said oh snap aloud. I got that lp and 12 as well. i like that shit. shirt is dope and all but 50 is kinda rediculous. I am torn between not being a sucker and wasting that kinda loot on a shirt (which will probobly fall apart unless you dry clean it everytime) or coming up with some excuses to make me feel better for dropping the cash on such a fly T.

Just buy it - if you are THAT into it, what's the point
    of avoiding it? Look at it this way - you probably pay $25
    for a T-Shirt...wouldn't you trade TWO of those shirts for
    this one?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Freshest T-Shirt design I think I've ever seen. If any shirt is worth that $$, this is it.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

That's kinda awesome.

P.S.
    You owe me Herm:
    http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/detail.asp?UPC=SIC0162TS

(fake ATCQ chick with fake Louis Vuitton logo background havin...)

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

That's kinda awesome.

P.S.
    You owe me Herm:
    http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/detail.asp?UPC=SIC0162TS

(fake ATCQ chick with fake Louis Vuitton logo background havin...)

PAID!!!

Thanks, Quo! I'm forever indebted to you! (I should probably include a , just in case! Ha ha!)

Herm

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Damn, stressing over a $50 shirt? In Australia you're not getting ANYTHING remotely interesting for that. You'll be lucky to get a garden variety shirt for under $30 these days!
    Cop it for everyone in Australia!!!

Damn, stressing over a $50 shirt? In Australia you're not getting ANYTHING remotely interesting for that. You'll be lucky to get a garden variety shirt for under $30 these days!

So I've heard. Is there a reason stuff is so damn expensive in Australia?

• Hahaha, no doubt. Stressing over a $50 tee is def non status. There's a tredny brand out here in LA. I happened upon their store and noticed their tees are $100+. Everybody got one. Apperantly hundreds are the new twenties. That's how the cookie crumbles. Time to make more money. Gotta throw some D's on that bitch.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts

It's a combo of shipping costs, tarrifs and the exchange rate. The fact that retailers get away with it also plays a huge role!!! I personally try to avoid it as much as possible, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. A standart Ralph Lauren Polo shirt will set you back around $100 here.

It's lame though, cause I remember almost 15 years ago reading skate mags and wishing that our prices were the same... Can you say $100+ for just a deck? That's just weak, and serious cash in anyones world. Hell, shoes are out of control and don't even ask about music! Our pay rates aren't bad, but the cost of living here is deceptively high. Still, it's a beautiful place and the sheilas are ace mate!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I have the 12" too, I like the beats but I won't spend $50 in a t-shirt.

It's a combo of shipping costs, tarrifs and the exchange rate. The fact that retailers get away with it also plays a huge role!!! I personally try to avoid it as much as possible, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. A standart Ralph Lauren Polo shirt will set you back around $100 here.

It's lame though, cause I remember almost 15 years ago reading skate mags and wishing that our prices were the same... Can you say $100+ for just a deck? That's just weak, and serious cash in anyones world. Hell, shoes are out of control and don't even ask about music! Our pay rates aren't bad, but the cost of living here is deceptively high. Still, it's a beautiful place and the sheilas are ace mate!

Damn man, that blows. Could you just have a friend in the states buy you stuff and ship it over or do they tax the shit out of that too?

• my man:

you know that 12'' is my joint and I like thosee SIC dudes, but hell naw. Regardless of price that design does not work on a t-shirt. Definetly for a vinyl cover though...

I will admit the SIC had an older all-over print joint (black SIC logo on a black shirt) that was pretty clean.

• not feeling the shirt, but if you make a message board post about it then I definitely think you should cop it

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    wow, dope t-shirt!

great 12" too!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Derivative.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Derivative.

i thought that was obvious, no?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i thought that was obvious, no?

So you'd pay 100 eagles for a t-shirt lacking originality?