***1000***1000***1000***

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
1000 posts, and I'm still a $9.99 jawn? I'd have got here much earlier if I hadn't had two accounts wiped out in two site crashes, but it's all about the journey, after all.So, something to listen to. Nothing fancy, no flashy mixing, and no facemelting bloodshitter private press raer because I prefer to leave that shit to the people who do it best, i.e., most of you lot. No, this is just some good music to listen to and vibe off, and I hope those of you who take the trouble to download it dig it. Thanks for all the stimulating reading, intelligent discourse, interminable race threads, bickering, baiting, knowledge, wisdom, fantastic music (both shared and made) and, above all, the laughs. Peace.Intro (Mike Bloomfield)Gilberto Gil - Can't Find My Way HomeColin Blunstone - Misty RosesThe Flying Burrito Brothers - Hot Burrito #1Syreeta - She's Leaving HomeThe Soulful Strings - Within You, Without YouLewis Taylor - Pie In Electric Sky/If I Lay Down With YouEarth Wind & Fire - Kalimba StoryQuartette Tres Bien - Boss Tres BienKing Tee - Played Like A PianoJay Dee - Fuck Tha PoliceMobb Deep - Win Or LoseThe Slickers - Johnny Too BadThe Bluesbusters - I Won't Let You GoPaul Rodgers & The Maytals - I Just Want To See You SmileAretha Franklin - River's InvitationGladys Knight & The Pips - The Look Of LoveThe Impressions - We Must Be In LoveThe Three Degrees - CollageParliament - Come In Out Of The RainThe Mahavishnu Orchestra - You Know You KnowKool & The Gang - Wichita Lineman

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Congrats Doc! Always appreciate your posts.

Cheers for the music, that Lewis Taylor track is probably one of my favourites from his entire catalogue - the stuff he was releasing as bsides in that period was absolutely killing it.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    looks like a good lil' mix.

cheers!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

I'd have got here much earlier if I hadn't had two accounts wiped out in two site crashes, but it's all about the journey, after all.

Ha ha - same here. Third incarnation and my post rate has slowed so much I'm not even sure I'll make it to 1100 given another four years. I coulda been a Studio Carpet, I coulda been a contender...

Nice mix BTW.

• Your posts are always appreciated; this one, the mix therein, is no exception. Thanks.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Lewis Taylor - Pie In Electric Sky/If I Lay Down With You

Rokken it with the quality LT b-side. Good one!

SG, fellow LT fan.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Thanks for all the kind words, people.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Your posts are always appreciated; this one, the mix therein, is no exception. Thanks.

Yeah, what the Hogg said. You are totally that dude, P. Much thanks for all the knowledge over the years.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Doc, you've been one of the top dudes on here. Congratz on getting your grand.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Congrats Doc! Downloading the mix now, looking forward to it. Your contributions are very much appreciated hommie.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Congratz on getting your grand.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    plaese someone to explain congratulating a person for a post count!

ps. apprecate the mix. keep up the good posts!