Arrested Development 'Peciation (TV SHOW!)

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
My dudes:The ladyfriend got me seasons 1-3 for christmas and that's all i've been watching before bed. I still haven't finished season one, but damn the series gets funnier and funnier. I was dying when I saw the "Blind Lawyer" episode last night and the episode of where George Michael has a crush on Heather Grahm is another killer.So many damn funny lines and long-running jokes it's hard to keep track.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    great show and im sort of glad they ended it when they did before it could fall off. its easy to rewatch episodes of it because you always discover something new

• holy shit..is that Janelle Monae with Liza Manelli? woah woah woah....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, yeah i was completely bugging out when i first saw it too

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• this is one of the greatest shows in the history of television... the fact that the ratings were so poor for this while all these "reality" shows are gives me very little hope for humanity

• OH SHIT![/b]

"i'm constantly trying to better myself and further educate myself in any way that doesn't involve reading"... that's the funniest shit i've seen in a long time... what is that from?

• "Come ON!!!"

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Haha... watching right now. I came home for lunch for that sole purpose. I bought the DVDs for myself for Christmas and have been on a tirade getting through all the episodes.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Never Nude!!
    i love this show. this and the office are all i watch right now.

• "Yeah...he's a flamer".

i can never think of funny lines from tv shows. i think i smoke too much.

• Arguably the best comedy TV show ever. I think I end up quoting something from this show about once an hour. The immaculately detailed writing is straight up impeccable. So perfect.

I've had the theme song from "Mock Trial with J. Reinhold" stuck in my head all day.

• and from the same episode, one of George Michael's best lines...

Dr. Farmer: You could be a groom. Bring a little girlfriend up there with you.

George Michael: Oh, I don???t have a girlfriend.

Dr. Farmer: A sister than, or a cousin. Of course, you???re going to have to kiss.

Narrator: Guess who liked that idea?

Michael: He says he doesn???t want to do it. I???m actually going to respect his choices...

George Michael: Good. I... great. I was just... Well, don???t answer for... I, um, yeah. ???Cause I know exactly the cousin, I mean, the.. the girl I would want to give and she???ll want give too. We???ll... and we???ll do that together. For them, for the sake of... I ju... it???s a great day. For being sad.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "i want to cry so badly right now... but i can't spare any lubrication"
    - lucille waiting for her husband in the conjugal visit trailer

lucille: "who would want to go in that musty old clap trap?"

[long pause]

michael: "oh, you mean the cabin!"

• Arguably the best comedy TV show ever. I think I end up quoting something from this show about once an hour. The immaculately detailed writing is straight up impeccable. So perfect.

I've had the theme song from "Mock Trial with J. Reinhold" stuck in my head all day.

"MY NAME IS JUDGE!"

• i like tobias' business card that says ANAYLRAPIST

• just watched all 3 seasons over the holidays myself.

laughz4dayz...don't know where to begin

super-smart show

if you're reading this post and you have yet to watch this show, go get it RIGHT NOW.

• this whole dead bird joke was possibly my favorite joke on what is definitely my favorite television show of all time.

believe the AD; so necessary.

• Probably my favorite show of all time. Because of it, I have "The Final Countdown" as my ringtone. It rang once in an elevator and one of the people on it said "I guess your a Gob fan, huh?" and then we smiled. Good to know there are some that recognize the real.

But the best joke for me in the series was on Afternoon Delight when Oscar was trying to figure out how to give Lucille some "afternoon delight" and he says "I know, I'll put it in her brownie" and Michael has one of the greatest "HEYs!" of all time. Classic

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    What i love most about AD is the fact that despite all of the obvious funny and briliant things, they sneak so much stuff into the background with the audio and stuff that you notice the more you watch.

My girlfriend and i usually use all of Michael's nicknames for Anne a few times a week. Egg, Bland, etc too funny.

Brunch at Skip Church's on sundays...too good.

• I saw the remaining episodes of season one, I love that "Anyang" character and his new rivalry with Buster. Just how they're able to keep certain jokes running through an episode w/o making them seem forced always gets me.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Arguably the best comedy TV show ever. I think I end up quoting something from this show about once an hour. The immaculately detailed writing is straight up impeccable. So perfect.[/b]

I've had the theme song from "Mock Trial with J. Reinhold" stuck in my head all day for like 3 months[/b].

when it was on tv i hardly gave it a chance and just dismissed it as another shitty sitcom, but once i saw the dvds HOLY SHIT my life changed. this show is fucking perfect. the writing is the best ive ever EVER EVER experienced on any tv show...and surprisingly enough, yeah, the rewatch value is through the roof, i can put in any disc from any season and im just as entertained as the first time i watched it...still noticing stuff now and ive probably seen all the episodes i have like 3+ times...

this show is perfect, if you dont like it....well, you havent given it a chance, then.

thats kinda the sad part also, to really REALLY appreciate the show you have to watch the whole series...maybe thats not sad, but people who only watch one or two episodes and form their opinion on that arent doing themselves any favors

the best comedy show of all time. period.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I saw the remaining episodes of season one, I love that "Anyang" character and his new rivalry with Buster. Just how they're able to keep certain jokes running through an episode w/o making them seem forced always gets me.

The best example of the Anyang "Hello" joke is when the camera is panned way back and you can't actually hear the dialogue but still see the "Hello" appear.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts

theres lots of fairly subtle jokes, has anybody else noticed the (at least) two bench-ad jokes?

when Rita sits on the bench with the Wee Britain ad, making it say "Wee Brain"

and

when Buster sits on some bench with an ad saying something about "army officials" and covers it so it says "Arm Off"

maybe theres more?