Ready to Ring It in...(DJ/NYE/Thanks related)

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I just fired off an hour long latin set to practice for a gig tonight, and man, I am pumped. Really looking forward to playing some of this shit out for the first time. Chollo Rivera is gonna make that ass 'Black and Blue'.Thanks to everyone on here for all you've taught me in the last year; I wouldn't be playing tonight, next Sunday, and two Sundays after that if it weren't for y'all on here. Financing a vacation off 3 DJ gigs in one month- never thought that shit would happen. Y'all helped me get from the bedroom to the club. Can't thank this place enough.2006 was a big year for me; got married, got a new job that I love where I get to write and watch football all day, started getting some DJ gigs...real world shit, coupled with hanging out with internets imaginary friends. So, send this year off proper, and let's go even larger in the '07.If you're d-jing tonight, fuckin' kill that shit. if your d-rinking tonight, tie one on like a new year baby diaper, but don't kill shit. be safe...lots to accomplish in '07.peace out,-g

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I feel you man

A lot of stuff has been going on for me lately in a reconstructive mode

You guys know about my peru project and that has always been my priority, however a lot of other things (making music, organizing concerts and stepping my dj game up, breakdance) had been put aside. As I am about to gradduate i ve had a great transitional phase this first 'half' of the year and i am looking forward to stepping up in 2007. Got a steady girl and we are planning big things together... i am staying in mtl (after 5 years of constant departure right off to peru after finals) and will get this $$$ as well as work on my music and finally close out my appt. all in preparation for my one year sabatical in Brazil. (workiing on my thesis, making music, doing capoeira, working in favelas and generally taking a breather)

I have this fucking intense course schedule and 90 page theiss to write while i will be entering some long overdue physical rehabilitation (bum knee/posture/back related) training. Ive got to get ready to pack up my appt adn say byebye to the family for 2 years (LSE masters post braxil related) but i am feeling confident and just cant wait to get started

It's about to go down!

Thanks to the strut for the great inflow of music and knowledge

and happy new year to all

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I feel that. Before i started messing with soulstrut a few months ago, i wasnt even thinking about djing again. Now im making a living off of doing 2 nights a week. This place also really helped me with my record game and my production game. All the petty arguments and stupid shit aside, it still is a wealth of information for djing and everything record related. And there are some silly bastards that post here that make me giggle like a lil girl

I think this year is going to be a struggle but real a crucial point in my life. There is a lot of big shit that is starting to happen to me in this area and im real anticipated to see how things pan out. Ive started at the ground at two jobs and hopefully can parlay them into some career type shit. I also want to get my health and money on track this year. I want to get to the gym more and really focus on eating healthy. I also want to quit smoking izm for good this year.

But good luck to all the djs tonight and have everyone else have a safe n great new years with some freaky sex and a violent hangover on top.

dont drink and drive though cause you might spill your drink.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    06 sucked.
    hope 07 is better.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Where are you DJ'ing tonight, G?

I didn't know you were making all these moves...

• Where are you DJ'ing tonight, G?

I didn't know you were making all these moves...

Rendzvous in Central Square; they're doing a dinner, and wanted something to make it a little different.
    Stumbled into that one, and a couple company parties throughout january.

Honestly, I wasn't looking for work like this, but through some word-of-mouth/friends, I've had a lot of offers in the last few months. 2007, time to get more serious on the DJing-out-tip; 2006 was a solid start.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Thanks for the dropping of knowledge and humor in the last year.

Love, happiness and a lottery win for the 07 to all. Except for the week when I win the lottery.