SILVER SURFER whoa look at this schitt batches!

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    IVEWAITED30YEARSFORTHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alot of folks are gonna be like HUH, who is the Silver Surfer?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    THE BEST.

• i would have prefered him to have his own movie not stuck on to the bullshit fantistic four crap, did u guys see the first one, this is gonna be a garbage, and where the fuck is galactus, that i would like to see

But the first FF was so kid-friendly it was disgusting. I hope they up the ante w/ the dialogue.

And I bet they do this story w/ Galactus @ the very-very end.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    We just need to have a Galactus VS Surfer movie. They should have just done a movie of the Mobius graphic novel "Parable."

• We just need to have a Galactus VS Surfer movie. They should have just done a movie of the Mobius graphic novel "Parable."

i would have prefered him to have his own movie not stuck on to the bullshit fantistic four crap, did u guys see the first one, this is gonna be a garbage, and where the fuck is galactus, that i would like to see

They cant do the Silver Surfer story w/ out some connection to the FF.
    You think a strictly Silver Surfer/Galactus movie out in space would draw the mainstream?
    He had his own cartoon that only heads watched.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hah. The Watchers always looked mad silly to me.

• They cant do the Silver Surfer story w/ out some connection to the FF.
    You think a strictly Silver Surfer/Galactus movie out in space would draw the mainstream?

i hear what your saying and i agree, but that last movie sucked ass, and i dont expect this one to be much better, if anything it will be two hours of waiting for silver surfer footage

Marvel is gonna do the pure Jack Kirby Silver Surfer.

Hah. The Watchers always looked mad silly to me.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    wow Im so out of the loop. I had no idea this shit was in the works. I cant stand the first f4 but will give the series another try with this one.

Im kinda hopin for a secret wars franchise to jump off.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

If you look around the net, there's a trailer for a silver surfer movie from 2001-2002. A fan made a short film with his computer. It looked amazing, considering the dude's resources.

I'm a BIG surfer fan. Kirby was great, but the Bucemea ish probably my favorite.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Bringing the Silver Surfer in was a brilliant Idea. Seeing how cool they made his character really shows how underwhelmed I am with how they show spiderman in all the spiderman movies. Oh well.

- spidey

I'm a BIG surfer fan. Kirby was great, but the BYRNE is probably my favorite.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

Finally some CGI to get excited for!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Seriously.

I agree - the first FF4 suuuuuuuuuucked. It made Ang Lee's "Hulk" look genius in comparison and that movie sucked too.

But sheeyit, the fact that this new FF4 movie is themed around Silver Surfer is pretty fucking ill. I too wonder if Galactus will make a showing. I still have severe doubts that the new FF4 movie will be any better but hell, they just managed to get me to buy a ticket.

Seriously.

I agree - the first FF4 suuuuuuuuuucked. It made Ang Lee's "Hulk" look genius in comparison and that movie sucked too.

But sheeyit, the fact that this new FF4 movie is themed around Silver Surfer is pretty fucking ill. I too wonder if Galactus will make a showing. I still have severe doubts that the new FF4 movie will be any better but hell, they just managed to get me to buy a ticket.

Yeah, I couldn't even make it through the first, which sounds like a wise call on my part. But it seems like you can't possibly have Silver Surfer flying around without at least a brief Galactus teaser at the end.

And on a nerd vernacular note, I believe "FF4" is the universal designation for "Final Fantasy 4", Fantastic Four being merely "FF".

• Finally some CGI to get excited for!

Seriously.

Yeah, I couldn't even make it through the first, which sounds like a wise call on my part. But it seems like you can't possibly have Silver Surfer flying around without at least a brief Galactus teaser at the end.

I'm guessing FF2 will be the set up for FF3 featuring the crew trying to stop Galactus from bustin' a grub (BTW, I always wondered in Galactus takes a dump after devouring planets... Stan Lee never mentioned THAT schitt).

I would like to see the INHUMANS though, jack! Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw the big crazy pitbull, the tadpole lookin' muhphucka, dudes with the hooves, etc. Or the SUPER SKRULL, that would be dope. Or IMPOSSIBLE MAN! Best would be a movie crossover featuring THE THING vs. THE HULK, picking up buildings and throwing cars and schitt! Fantastic Four has a lot of possibilities.... i still haven't seen all of the 1st movie (it did look pretty weak from what I saw, and i loves Jessica Alba as much as the next pervert, but i can't buy her as Sue Storm- real comic headz know the deal)

Seriously.

I'm guessing FF2 will be the set up for FF3 featuring the crew trying to stop Galactus from bustin' a grub (BTW, I always wondered in Galactus takes a dump after devouring planets... Stan Lee never mentioned THAT schitt).

I would like to see the INHUMANS though, jack! Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw the big crazy pitbull, the tadpole lookin' muhphucka, dudes with the hooves, etc. Or the SUPER SKRULL, that would be dope. Or IMPOSSIBLE MAN! Best would be a movie crossover featuring THE THING vs. THE HULK, picking up buildings and throwing cars and schitt! Fantastic Four has a lot of possibilities.... i still haven't seen all of the 1st movie (it did look pretty weak from what I saw, and i loves Jessica Alba as much as the next pervert, but i can't buy her as Sue Storm- real comic headz know the deal)

Sue storm was always a throwaway character imo. Jessica Alba is a huge upgrade.

btw, galactus is confirmed in ff4.

- spidey

• Sue storm was always a throwaway character imo. Jessica Alba is a huge upgrade.

I know what you mean, although I think they did try to have her character step it up a notch back in the 80s, didnt they? Fuckin' people up with those force fields instead of just being the passive "girl" superhero. Anyway, I just don't picture Alba in that role... obviously she's just in there for the eye candy appeal, not to be a match for the Sue that we know from the comics. Like I said, I love lookin' at JA so it's not that big a problem all things considered.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Sue storm was always a throwaway character imo. Jessica Alba is a huge upgrade.

For me, she's always been cool & there's a depth to her character. She's always been suspected of having a thing for Namor, she's the mom of Franklin Richards, and she helps offset Reed's ultra scientific mind. One of the most interesting takes on Sue comes out of a recent 4 issue mini-series by GM. Was pretty cool. And there are big things in store for her in 07. I see a divorce/separation in the coming months, as Marvel is being turned on its ear.

peace

h

throwaway.

- spidey

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That clip looks especialy after the first one.

I read that Galactus will be in this one too. They need to stop messing around and just make this already:

and cosign on these dudes being corny

• I woudn't mind seeing an infinity gauntlet movie with Thanos or something with all galactic god dudes.

I'm with Phil_Most. Bring on INHUMANS!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I would love to see a big budget Marvel Universe
    flick, centered around the FF, that was set in
    the 60's...imagine a movie that captured the whole
    feel of those silver age issues, all the social
    commentary stuff, all the cheesy mod elements, and
    a visual style based on Kirby...done right, a retro
    Marvel movie with big $$$ behind it could be mindblowing...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

I'm a BIG surfer fan. Kirby was great, but the Bucemea ish probably my favorite.

word.

he always looked right about like he was about to cry and shit... SICK... all those panels where he's talking about humanity while looking like he's gonna pee himself? CLASSIC. seriously, when it comes to the first Lee/Buscema SS series I am like Richard Gere in that shitty remake of Breathless:

"In all the galaxies,
    in all the endless reaches of space,

I have found no planet
    more blessed than this one."

"And yet, in its uncontrollable insanity,

the human race seeks to destroy
    this shining jewel,

this blessed sphere,
    which men call Earth."

"And trapped upon this world of madness

stand I!"

"The Silver Surfer!"

Yeah! Yeah, you tell 'em, Surfman!
    You tell 'em![/b]

this def looks like a cross between the stoic kirby surfer and me playing with the silver surfer action figure in my bathroom...

actually, this looks kinda wack... he has no fucking facial expression. he's like T2 surfer...

my fav surfers:

1) john buscema

2) jack kirby

3) ron lim

4) john byrne

5) moebius

i have a dope drawing of the silver surfer by moebius somewhere in my parent's house. i should find that shit. i love his line shading style...

"...to serve Galactus
    and shall do so for evermore."

"If such be my destiny,
    willingly do I accept it."

- "My fate."
    - Man, you like The Silver Surfer?

Yeah, I like the Surfman.

I think he's a jerk.

No! No, man, he's a hero! He's trying
    to save the world from Galactus.

- What's wrong with that?
    - He's crazy!

He could get away any time he wants.
    He's got the power cosmic.

You know why he stays?
    He stays cos he likes it here on Earth.

- He wants to help the people out.
    - They don't want his help.

They're always after him.
    The cops and the marines. He's a jerk.

Hey, why don't you go lie down
    in the road for a spell?

The Surfman's a jerk!

"Love is the power supreme."

Hey, you gonna buy that book?
    This ain't no library.

The Surfer's nuts to hang around!
    He knows life on Earth has no meaning!

It's chaos! It's out of control!
    He's got a chance to break away!

I mean, he's plugged into the galaxy!
    He's got the power cosmic!

Only a jerk would stay when he could go.

Yeah, maybe you're right.

The Silver Surfer sucks!

• has it ever been explained why an alien from another planet would have a cotdamn surfboard anyway?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    has it ever been explained why an alien from another planet would have a cotdamn surfboard anyway?

I've always wondered about that, too. The surfbord is a cooler than DC's take. Anyone remember the Scarlet Skier? Or the New Gods version of the grim reaper. I think he had skis & ski poles too & he was called the black racer.