MOST IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE JEWEL EVER

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
You know, we dealing with a very critical and crucial time, most crucial and critical time that I've ever witnessed, being as young as I am. You know, we all don't want to say nothing else so we say as young as we are. Now I want to talk about, the pronunciation and the realization. Now the educators, they call it ESP, positive thinking, right? Some of the people on across the other side of the pond call it VIBES, VIBRATIONS. Astrology and all those different things, you understand. But I call it "what it is is what it is, what it is is what it is." Look here. Now you see, a brother, you take in the ghetto you find a whole lot of crime. I can understand, hey! I KNOW what it means, being 9 years old before I got my first pair of underwear out of a store. You know, putting on a half, a half-beast suit, from the pawn shop, with tennis shoes. Trying to be hip. So I know where he's coming from. Like the brother say, having catfish HEAD stew. It looks like the catfish went in there with his head and come out very quick and didn't leave nothing else! Now there's one thing that the educators and the politicians and the salary men got to remember - now brothers need jobs. If you don't work, you can't eat. If you don't work, you can't eat. Get hip to yourself god good my brother, and get it FROM THE STREET. You don't work, you can't eat, SIS. If you don't work lord, you can't eat. So you got to have MIND POWER to deal with starvation, and that's what we're dealing with. See we can't go back to the biblical stories, 2 loaves of bread. Or 2 little fishes and 5 loaves of bread. 2 little fishes, YEAH, 5 loaves of bread. Now look here, too many brothers go by that. Now I want you brothers to dig where we coming from.SET YOUR MIND RIGHT HERE...... and dig the "JBE Experience." I dug this from a young man out of New York. He said "The GBE. GBE." Nw we want to take it to "The JBE." The JB Experience. Now Fred, Brother? Lay it on me. Lay it...Mind Power. Lay it on me.HAH. GOOD GOD. Uhhh... Ain't funky. Huh. Mind Power. Mind. Mind Power. What it is what it is, what it is what it is, it is what it is, it is what it is. It is what it is, that's what it is. It is what it is, that's what it is. Uhhh, gimme some flute. Gimme some flute.You know, dealing with Harlem, South Side of Chicago, The Bay Area, Watts, Five Points Bottom in Atlanta, Giant Street in Augusta, West Broad in Savannah, U Street in Washington, heh, going over to Baltimore, South Street in Philly, Boston... I know, Somebody need to help us. Give us, huh... just give us a chance. Somebody, brothers across the nation - you gotta get yourself together, UNIFY.WE NEED INFORMATION.Brothers across the nation, pass on that "right on" information. Brothers across the nation, yeah yeah, yeah. Alright.Huh. Alright. Huh. Ain't it funky now. Let love power, funk up your body, let MIND POWER, the JB... E Experience, the JBE. Now back to the, and meanwhile back to THE RANCH, let's talk about the things, what, that we deal with, each and every day. no horns, now horns, let's tell everybody, "What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is." What it is is what it is, YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT. What it is is what it is, DON'T TRY TO CHANGE IT. What it is is what it is, DEAL WITH IT. What it is is what it is, DON'T FOOL YOURSELF.What it is is what it is, LOOK IN THE MIRROR.What it is is what it is, YOU FIND.What it is is what it is, YOU CAN'T FOOL YOURSELF.What it is is what it is, YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT, WHAT IT IS.What it is is what it is, WHAT IT IS. What it is is what it is, TELL ME. What it is is what it is, DEAL WITH IT. What it is is what it is, WHAT IT. What it is is what it is, WAIT A MINUTE... look here.I believe we should go back to the top. I want to go back to the beginning, cause I like to hear old Morgan play that funky 6 over there. Now we'll build it up a little bit and then we'll tell them "What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is." GIMME SOME HORN. "What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is..." Awww, huh.Come on, WHAT IT IS?Gimme a taste, Jimmy. Gimme a taste. Hit me.I want to go WAAAAAY back there. To the top. WAAAAAY back there.Right now.Fred. Fred. We're still dealing with MIND POWER, and I mean we're really dealing. Can we deal a little bit right here? Deal, DEAL. Deal. Deal. Deal. Deal. Deal. What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is...PLEASE REPORT TO THE FOLLOWING THREAD IMMEDIATELY

Comments

• heh. YEAH.

• ALIEN IVERSON, THIS IS A REVOLUTION OF THE MIND.

Get your mind together and get away from drugs![/b]

Although it is cool to see JB give a shoutout to Gary Byrd, New York deejay of "Every Brother Ain't A Brother"/"The Crown" fame:

dig the "JBE Experience." I dug this from a young man out of New York. He said "The GBE. GBE." Nw we want to take it to "The JBE."

• "The James Brown world. There it is--the James Brown world of music, folks. The lord of funk and his disciples. Oh, wow. Incredible, man, really incredible. Speakin' about this new album from James Brown on Polydor Records. I just finished digging on it, you know. He comes from all sides on this one. Like, each track take you from one bag to another. You know. He's lowdown... he's funky... he's sentimental... and the man is sad. Throughout the whole album, you'll find these elements of moods. And when you bag up that many moods, you've gotta reach a lot of souls, in some of the most remote areas. Music such as... Good Foot. The Whole World Needs Liberation. Your Love Was Good For Me. Cold Sweat. [pause] Nothing Beats A Try But A Fail. Lost Someone, Funky Side of Town--that's a little tune James, Bobby Byrd and myself did together, you know, like it's a real dirty, lowdown, get-down [mumble]... And then there's Please, Please, Please, like you never heard it before, you know, the all-time classic, Ain't It A Groove, Make It Funky... part 3 and 4... [pause] Heh. Incidentally, I'm Hank Ballard, the Love Side man. Rapping for you on the contents of James Brown's latest album... yeah. A living legend. That's what they call him, a living legend, and guess what, that's what the man is: a real, live, living legend. Yeah, after 18 years, he's still terrorizing the music world with his funky music.[/b] And judging from his new album, he's still on the good foot of his career. James Brown world. James Brown world of music. Oh well, he deserves to be in the galaxy of stars. But it wasn't easy for James from the beginning. He had to fight his way through a mean, vicious jungle, you know, the jungle of show business. It's vicious, I tell you, I mean, very vicious, actually, I know. And my advice to all newcomers is that if you're timid and looking for mercy stay on the road that leads to a more compassionate world. 'Cause this one I know will eat you up alive, brother. I mean, alive. Yeah, I got caught running around the graveyard of losers. [sigh] But I had an unshakeable determination that I was coming out: this is not my place, you know. So I came out and joined the James Brown production. [a very strange tone in his voice] James was the only one besides myself that had a strong belief in my talent. I knew he could formulate a groove that would put my style back into this galaxy, you know. [rousing himself] James Brown world, James Brown world of music! And wow, I'm glad I'm part of this world. So is Miss Lyn Collins. Mr. Bobby Byrd. Miss Vicki Anderson. Mr. Lee Austin. Mr. Charles Bobbitt. And of course Bob Both--Mr. Bob Both, that is. Miss Lynette Washington. Mr. Danny Ray. And of course Fred Wesley and the J.B.'s. There are a great many others, you know, that I really don't have time to run off, but it's, uh, quite a few in the James Brown world. [pause] Wow. James Brown world of music. My man, your man, people's man."

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Where were you when you first heard "Welcome to the Terrordome"?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

That is quite a story, my friend.

HOLD IT DOWN.

HOLD IT DOWN.

• If you don't work, you can't eat. Get hip to yourself god good my brother, and get it FROM THE STREET. You don't work, you can't eat, SIS. If you don't work lord, you can't eat. So you got to have MIND POWER to deal with starvation, and that's what we're dealing with.

This part of the track always gives me some kind of goosebump-opposite, as if I can feel my skin getting looser instead of tighter, and my whole body relaxing and my mind doing semaphore if you will. The bridge at this part is extra sample-that-plaese too.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

11 or 12 years old, doing my paper route... walkman stylee

"mind power" is such a jam... there was a great white label bootleg a few years back that had part 2 ("stick playing the drummer song") on it...

• You know, we dealing with a very critical and crucial time, most crucial and critical time that I've ever witnessed, being as young as I am. You know, we all don't want to say nothing else so we say as young as we are. Now I want to talk about, the pronunciation and the realization. Now the educators, they call it ESP, positive thinking, right? Some of the people on across the other side of the pond call it VIBES, VIBRATIONS. Astrology and all those different things, you understand. But I call it "what it is is what it is, what it is is what it is." Look here. Now you see, a brother, you take in the ghetto you find a whole lot of crime. I can understand, hey! I KNOW what it means, being 9 years old before I got my first pair of underwear out of a store. You know, putting on a half, a half-beast suit, from the pawn shop, with tennis shoes. Trying to be hip. So I know where he's coming from. Like the brother say, having catfish HEAD stew. It looks like the catfish went in there with his head and come out very quick and didn't leave nothing else! Now there's one thing that the educators and the politicians and the salary men got to remember - now brothers need jobs. If you don't work, you can't eat. If you don't work, you can't eat. Get hip to yourself god good my brother, and get it FROM THE STREET. You don't work, you can't eat, SIS. If you don't work lord, you can't eat. So you got to have MIND POWER to deal with starvation, and that's what we're dealing with. See we can't go back to the biblical stories, 2 loaves of bread. Or 2 little fishes and 5 loaves of bread. 2 little fishes, YEAH, 5 loaves of bread. Now look here, too many brothers go by that. Now I want you brothers to dig where we coming from.

SET YOUR MIND RIGHT HERE...

... and dig the "JBE Experience." I dug this from a young man out of New York. He said "The GBE. GBE." Nw we want to take it to "The JBE." The JB Experience. Now Fred, Brother? Lay it on me. Lay it...

Mind Power. Lay it on me.

HAH. GOOD GOD. Uhhh... Ain't funky.

Huh. Mind Power. Mind. Mind Power. What it is what it is, what it is what it is, it is what it is, it is what it is. It is what it is, that's what it is. It is what it is, that's what it is.

Uhhh, gimme some flute. Gimme some flute.

You know, dealing with Harlem, South Side of Chicago, The Bay Area, Watts, Five Points Bottom in Atlanta, Giant Street in Augusta, West Broad in Savannah, U Street in Washington, heh, going over to Baltimore, South Street in Philly, Boston... I know, Somebody need to help us. Give us, huh... just give us a chance. Somebody, brothers across the nation - you gotta get yourself together, UNIFY.

WE NEED INFORMATION.

Brothers across the nation, pass on that "right on" information. Brothers across the nation, yeah yeah, yeah. Alright.

Huh. Alright. Huh. Ain't it funky now. Let love power, funk up your body, let MIND POWER, the JB... E Experience, the JBE. Now back to the, and meanwhile back to THE RANCH, let's talk about the things, what, that we deal with, each and every day. no horns, now horns, let's tell everybody, "What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is." What it is is what it is, YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT. What it is is what it is, DON'T TRY TO CHANGE IT. What it is is what it is, DEAL WITH IT. What it is is what it is, DON'T FOOL YOURSELF.What it is is what it is, LOOK IN THE MIRROR.What it is is what it is, YOU FIND.What it is is what it is, YOU CAN'T FOOL YOURSELF.What it is is what it is, YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT, WHAT IT IS.What it is is what it is, WHAT IT IS. What it is is what it is, TELL ME. What it is is what it is, DEAL WITH IT. What it is is what it is, WHAT IT. What it is is what it is, WAIT A MINUTE... look here.

I believe we should go back to the top. I want to go back to the beginning, cause I like to hear old Morgan play that funky 6 over there. Now we'll build it up a little bit and then we'll tell them "What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is." GIMME SOME HORN. "What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is..." Awww, huh.

Come on, WHAT IT IS?

Gimme a taste, Jimmy. Gimme a taste. Hit me.

I want to go WAAAAAY back there. To the top. WAAAAAY back there.

Right now.

Fred. Fred. We're still dealing with MIND POWER, and I mean we're really dealing. Can we deal a little bit right here? Deal, DEAL. Deal. Deal. Deal. Deal. Deal. What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is, What it is is what it is...

PLEASE REPORT TO THE FOLLOWING THREAD IMMEDIATELY

i have always thought...for all the funk 45s out there. NOTHING BEATS JAMES BROWN. NOTHING.

• Where were you when you first heard "Welcome to the Terrordome"?

11 or 12 years old, doing my paper route... walkman stylee

"mind power" is such a jam... there was a great white label bootleg a few years back that had part 2 ("stick playing the drummer song") on it...

where everything else was learned: the school bus.