JOHN DANCER OCTET

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Does anybody have an idea or any info on the John Dancer Octet? Any help would be appreciated!thanks,Amir

Comments

• Thanks! yeah, that break is pretty nice! A former roommate of mine back in 1996 comp'ed that song but I believe he took it from another friend of mine's dat not the actual record. Always wanted to know more about the record. Actually, if anybody has a nice minty copy for sale or trade...holla!!!
    amir

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I need to own this.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    There's only the 2 LP's, correct?

• There's only the 2 LP's, correct?

Yup there are two. The one on grapevine discovery, and "creation one" which comes in the cover above and the "dripping popsicle" stylee design. Neither is really worth losing sleep over IMO but strokes for folks.

• Thanks! yeah, that break is pretty nice! A former roommate of mine back in 1996 comp'ed that song but I believe he took it from another friend of mine's dat not the actual record. Always wanted to know more about the record. Actually, if anybody has a nice minty copy for sale or trade...holla!!!
    amir

you talking about hte comp with the richard nixon masked dude on the cover? that had some heat on it...queen of downs, selfishly, making tracks, bob azzam, weldon irvine, etc. sound quality was booty if i remember right

• yup that's the one. I took that pic back in 95' and that was at my school music library. we both took gems outta there back then. shit was funny to us but i don't wanna start another 5 pager on stealing from school libraries. the thing is that the music from that comp. was taken from a dat that a friend of mine Bob Gibson had made and gave to my former roommate just for his listening pleasure. however, my roommate at the time decided to bootleg the stuff for a comp. so fucked up shit!

amir

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks! yeah, that break is pretty nice! A former roommate of mine back in 1996 comp'ed that song but I believe he took it from another friend of mine's dat not the actual record. Always wanted to know more about the record. Actually, if anybody has a nice minty copy for sale or trade...holla!!!
    amir

you talking about hte comp with the richard nixon masked dude on the cover? that had some heat on it...queen of downs, selfishly, making tracks, bob azzam, weldon irvine, etc. sound quality was booty if i remember right

Oh shit, is that the same one from like '96/'97 with Phil Ranelin? I remember bugging off that comp cause that Lord Sear joint had dropped right around then.
    That record was dope.

• Yeah that's same one that dropped actually in early 96'. The sound quality sucked but there were def. some hot joints on it. By the way, does anyone have a copy of that john dancer octet for sale or maybe trade...let me know.

amir