James Brown Remixes, Bootlegs, White Labels etc.?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I guess this is as good as time if ever but what do the strutters got in terms of newer James Brown Releases? I remember some label 2 years ago was making bootleg edits of James Brown records and pulling out some insanse unreleased instrumental versions....What about that James Brown Hip-Hop remix of "Say it Loud" with the Brownapella on the flip?anything else out there?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    James Brown's catalog is fucking bewildering. So many different pressings, mixes, compilations, etc.

With his passing it would be amazing to see a real comprehensive and organized discography laid out including all those remixes and bootlegs.

• I just remembered on one of those James Brown and Friends collections from a few years ago they put an alternate mix of "Blow Your Heads" without the crazy moog...just drums and congos.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Or how there's a reissue of Live at the Apollo apparently where the drums are all mixed on the left channel. Haven't heard it though.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4020201545

this is the end all-be all for jb vinyl items... i posted it here before, none of you assholes cared...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Catalyst's Xmas ReEdit is OFF THE HOOK.

you need it in your life.

im away from my pc but if noone else does, ill repost it later...

• I just remembered on one of those James Brown and Friends collections from a few years ago they put an alternate mix of "Blow Your Heads" without the crazy moog...just drums and congos.

"Blow Your Head" without the Moog is like water without wet...that synth was the whole point of that cut, to me

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4020201545

this is the end all-be all for jb vinyl items... i posted it here before, none of you assholes cared...

I realize JB's death has you shook, Pe*e, but
    must you keep insulting everyone else who likes
    James Brown as well? Get some Dale Carnegie in yo life.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    sound of champions 12"s are
    great edits from a couple of years ago