The Good Shepard

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I thought this was a really well done history lesson.It dragged on at 2:48 but it was quite factual even though the events and players were amalgams of real events and people. Normally I find matt Damon plastic and boring,yet he was the perfect manifestation of a non emotional blank wasp/tecknocratic CIA AUTOMATON/CIA founder.DeNiro wins againanyone else peep this yet?

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    aside from suppressing the urge to do the pee-pee dance at the 2:30 mark, i thought the movie was awesome and definitly refreshing amidst the whole rehash mentality of blockbusters these days.

deniro is giving scorsese a run for his money. and tammy blanchard is a cutie.

• I honestly have no desire to see this.
    Looks like a big snooze fest.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    One of the most enjoyable films I've seen this year, but I am sure many people wouldn't like it at all. It is a long movie that is dialogue heavy.

For me it is really about altruism and mistakes. Think about that if you see it.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I enjoyed it. It was definitely stimulating in the sense that it had me trying to unravel the plot before it happened, and there a lot of exquisite shots; good cinematography moments.