Hank Ballard and the Midnighters OG vs RE

BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I have a blue label copy of Hank Ballard & The Midnighters - Greatest Juke Box Hits . I'm wondering if this was reissued and if so, if I have the original. My copy looks vintage, but I'm curious to know if there were multiple pressings (there's a black label copy on popsike as well) and whether this record is really going for 120 USD). Anyone can help me out?Also, what's up with the blue vs. black king labels?thanks

Comments

• I have a blue label copy of Hank Ballard & The Midnighters - Greatest Juke Box Hits . I'm wondering if this was reissued and if so, if I have the original. My copy looks vintage, but I'm curious to know if there were multiple pressings (there's a black label copy on popsike as well) and whether this record is really going for 120 USD).>>

There are two covers for this album. The first one had Hank in a suit, standing in front of a jukebox talking to a lady.

The second cover had him alone, wearing a red polo shirt, gesturing with his hands as if to say, "My string of hits is THIS big..."

The version shown in the link is probably a later pressing. I don't think King used blue labels for their albums until 1968 or so. From what I've seen, it was black before then. Check the King Records discog on the Both Sides Now website.

And Happy Holidays!!

• I have the second version, with Hank alone on it. I can't see any differences between my copy and the one on popsike, so I guess it's the same issue. The links to the King discography on the both sides now website seems missing, it keeps forwarding me to http://www.iconnect.net/new/index.html.

Thanks anyway man, happy holidays for you as well.