changing a light blub inside of a turntable

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I have a pair of stanton str8-80's that both the record guide lights are out. I know with technics you can just buy the light assembly and install, but would it be possible to do it up radioshack style with mines? I know a little electronics and soldering so I think it should be easy. Anyone ever do this before, on technics or other brand?

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I think the key is to change the bulb outside the turntable and then put it back inside. Gets a bit cramped in there otherwise, and you'll be breathing solder fumes.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    It's a huge pain in the ass, especially on techics. if you don't "need" the light...i'd just hold off.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    or plastic

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    nah i figured that. Its way to small to work on inside the deck, but how much labor is needed to do this? it is gonna be a motherfucker or like a 15 minute deal. I cant do it till next week casue i have a gig tonight and on sat so im just curious about it.
    edit:i was replying to the first post. thanks for the answers.I will probally just say fuck it and use my lil flashlight that i bring with me.