More than meets the eye

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central

and high-def quicktime here you're welcome.

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Michael Bay?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I can't think of anyone I'd rather have NOT direct this movie. Shit could have been bananas but will probably be like a watered-down McDonald's banana milkshake. In other words:

Totally off subject but if you ever catch the DVD of the original Transformers: The Movie, the composer Vince Dicola or something (I own the soundtrack on CD) is all patting himself on the back in a featurette. "They featured "You Got the Touch" (albeit not by Vince himself) in Boogie Nights. I'm not sure if you're aware."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Michael Bay?

I would of loved to see Bryan Singer do this film

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Michael Bay?

the interwebs are blowing up with dudes saying the same thing, dudes are crying on their keyboards.

he put flames on Optimus Prime's arms. flames.

google it, dudes are pissing their pants.

Michael Bay?

I would of loved to see Bryan Singer do this film

Bryan Singer would have been a huge improvement. But everything with him always ends up all steely grey and subdued. Like he's living inside a PowerBook.

I'd like to see the lovechild of Miazaki (sp?) and Quintin Tarantino do it. Just some surreal mind-blowing shit. Somebody who can handle Starscream's attitude. Maybe have Shockwave send some shit bumping through the Great Wall of China.

Michael Bay killed off half of the X-Men crew in one shitty movie, and he made Scarlett Johnnsson look bad. I just can't stand for that type of carelessness.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Michael Bay killed off half of the X-Men crew in one shitty movie, and he made Scarlett Johnnsson look bad. I just can't stand for that type of carelessness.

That Motherfucker.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    1) bryan singer eh? im assuming you folks didnt see superman returns? the man has made some ok movies, but with x and x2 and superman returns, the visuals were wack as fuck. dudes movies look bland as hell. if you think he could turn transformers into shakespeare or some shit, to make up for what would have been a boring to look at film, well then more power to you.

2. michael bay didnt direct x3. brett ratner did. and scarlett didnt look hot in the island? you better check yourself.....

3. im a michael bay apologist i guess, but if theres only 2 things hes good at as a director, its that his movies look crisp and colorful and he comes with the dope action sequences, which sometimes, is all i need.

as for the actual trailer, it didnt do much for me. i was always repping GI Joe as a kid more than transformers anyway.....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    1) bryan singer eh? im assuming you folks didnt see superman returns? the man has made some ok movies, but with x and x2 and superman returns, the visuals were wack as fuck. dudes movies look bland as hell. if you think he could turn transformers into shakespeare or some shit, to make up for what would have been a boring to look at film, well then more power to you.

2. michael bay didnt direct x3. brett ratner did. and scarlett didnt look hot in the island? you better check yourself.....

3. im a michael bay apologist i guess, but if theres only 2 things hes good at as a director, its that his movies look crisp and colorful and he comes with the dope action sequences, which sometimes, is all i need.

as for the actual trailer, it didnt do much for me. i was always repping GI Joe as a kid more than transformers anyway.....

Superman Return was worse than the Dolph Lundgren PUNISHER.

I'm waitng for that Ninja Turtles CGI shit. Not a fan though, just curious.

Hell to the naw! I haven't seen either of those. Where does Daredevil fit into the equation?

I confused Ratner with Bay. My bad. Scarlett looked hot in the Island but not hot enough. She can only do so much.

Hell to the naw! I haven't seen either of those. Where does Daredevil fit into the equation?

Daredevil > OG Punisher > Superman Returns.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Is there a movie that Dakoka Fanning is NOT in?

And does she not age?

I'm not mad at Michael Bay doing "Transformers" even though, in general, I think dude represents pretty much everything that's wrong with Hollywood. But of course, making a "Transformers" movie also represents pretty much everything that's wrong with Hollywood, ergo, I shall go see this.

I do think it's weird/weak that the trailer doesn't show a complete transformation. Bay too scared to show what everyone is waiting to see if he can pull off?

By the way, just based on the trailer, one can already sense the script is going to be dumb as fuck. (Not like the OG was literary genius exactly but even still...)

By the way, just based on the trailer, one can already sense the script is going to be dumb as fuck. (Not like the OG was literary genius exactly but even still...)

yep...
    How many Decepticons are gonna show up. Will I be able to name that obscure Transformer.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    they got transformers and gi joe on dvd? i need that shit

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

seriously one of the most tepid movies ive seen

Even though the story is gonna be "for the children" like the first FF flick.

yep...
    How many Decepticons are gonna show up. Will I be able to name that obscure Transformer.

The Constructicons probably won't show until the third movie. My brother actually got that complete set for Christmas one year, still intact though a piece of the crane dude snapped off.