Haze - Info needed!!

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Saw an LP in a local record store for a band called Haze. The front cover just has the bands name written on it 4 or 5 times. Seem to remember that it was from Minnesota but I could be wrong on this. Does anyone know this LP?Had a track called Toe Hold but whether this is a cover or an original I don't know.The shop in question doesn't allow you to listen to their records so any help would be much appreciated inc. what this normally goes for.Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Yup - it's from Minnesota. My friend played it for me a couple of years ago.
    From what I can remember it was on the Latin - psych - funk - rock side of things.
    Really tough stuff. I liked it a lot.

Can't help you out with the though.

• pretty expensive record. There's a reissue/boot floating around though.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    That's the one, couldn't find anything about it on the net.

Sorry to be a nerd but how expensive is pretty expensive, thanks.

• Actually, the first Haze is just scarce, doing the $100 or less rounds.
    The second LP however is very rare and will bring $250+.
    I've only had the second LP once and that was five years ago.
    It has a really basic B&W cover with the word "Haze" emblazoned on the front rather simply.

• $100 or less

Right. I think Lars recently had one for around 600 sek, or ~$80.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    So the one pictured is the first LP?

The store has a copy for ??100.

I've got a lot of store credit with them and would like to get a few big pieces rather than loads of little ones.

Would you recommend the LP Dante?

• ??100.

Not at this price. No way.
    Decent record, but nothing unique.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    So the one pictured is the first LP?

The store has a copy for ??100.

I've got a lot of store credit with them and would like to get a few big pieces rather than loads of little ones.

Would you recommend the LP Dante?

Mark - knowing your tastes a little, I'd say this record isn't for you. If it was GBP50.00 then it might have been worth a punt to move on, but GBP100.00 is way too high.

I have a copy here and can soundclip it if you need to hear mate.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    A soundclip would be great greg, cheers mate.

The only reason I'm really tempted is because the stuff I traded cost my next to nothing (all charity shop finds) so this record would in fact end up costing me actually ??15-20 of my money (if that makes any sense)

I was thinking of popping bak tomorrow Greg so a speedy upload of a sound sample would be much appreciated,

Merry Xmas by the way!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Actually, the first Haze is just scarce, doing the $100 or less rounds.
    It has a really basic B&W cover with the word "Haze" emblazoned on the front rather simply.

Damn I had no idea they did a second record. Is it in the same vein as their first one?

Oh, and for the the benefit of Faux_Rillz, does it have ill drama stabs and breaks and any DJ Shadow samples on it?

• if that haze lp 's sleeve is white on the inside it's the boot, originals are brown on the inside, by the way the second lp is from 78' so it's more modern sounding with some nice horns, like their first lp it's alright, a couple stand out tracks, but nothing spectacular

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    A soundclip would be great greg, cheers mate.

The only reason I'm really tempted is because the stuff I traded cost my next to nothing (all charity shop finds) so this record would in fact end up costing me actually ??15-20 of my money (if that makes any sense)

I was thinking of popping bak tomorrow Greg so a speedy upload of a sound sample would be much appreciated,

Merry Xmas by the way!

Sorry about the delay, Mark - here's brief clips of each track.

http://www.4shared.com/file/7750788/f8e7aade/Haze_LP_edits.html

Happy christmas, mate.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Thanks for that Greg, I really like the clips, not sure if I ??100 like it though, even if it is store credit!!

• also there's two 45's available from this lp, in my opinion the two best tracks are on these 45's and both can be picked up for around $10 each

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Actually, the first Haze is just scarce, doing the $100 or less rounds.

i just had the b&w covered one and sold it for $500. this was maybe two or three months ago.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Oh, and for the the benefit of Faux_Rillz, does it have ill drama stabs and breaks and any DJ Shadow samples on it?

Thank you for thinking of me.

I am always on the lookout for high-dollar records containing ill drama stabs, so that I can add them to my want list and then berate store owners when I can't find copies in the dollar bin.

• "Foxy World" pitched up to +3 is my shit....