Happy Jazz Show - December 2006 - Show 2

magsonjazzmagsonjazz 134 Posts
edited December 2006 in Announcements
Final show for 2006. As per usual we have searched the globe for great music from Sweden, Japan, Brazil, The West Indies, U.S.A., Turkey, Iran, France, Egypt and a few parts of Africa. Not forgetting the more memorable places of Leeds and Plumstead! With such a mixture of styles and influences, from classic Japanese jazz, Afro funk / Jazz and disco, Brazilian samba funk and soul to Eastern jazz, good ol jazz funk, vocals and soundtracks, this is one helluva show for the end of 2006 and both Mark and myself would like to wish you all a happy holiday and look forward to 2007 for more of the same, especially to those who have contacted us via mail, myspace or at one of the gigs. We thank you all for your continued support and wish you well. Big thanks to the hosts of our show too and for all the hard work behind the scenes. We really do appreciate the efforts! Even bigger thanks to those who supported the charity nights and who have worked hard and donated to the cause. So many kind gestures, words and time - we salute you!! Merry Christmas and happy new year! Adrian and Mark. Here's the playlists....enjoy! Show A (Mark Taylor) Nat Adderley Septet : K High Plumstead Radical Club : I Shot The Sheriff Olli Ahvenlahti : Countenance Eri Ohno : My Favourite Things Triste Janero : Today It's You Sven Libek : Misty Canyon Michel Legrand : The Deep Blue C Egberto Gismonte : Janela De Ouro Anthony "Reebop" Kwaku : Kwaku's Thing Tony Allen With Afrobeat 2000 : Road Close Dance Dub Eddy Roberts Quintet : Sto' Vicino A Te Marilyn Scott : Let's Be Friends Show B (Adrian Leach) Keletigui Et Ses Tambourinis : Maxi Mirimagni Django Strong : Hoo Doo Hoo Mine Ekambi Brilliant : Aboki Ginger Johnson & His African Messengers : Aduri Le Ry-Co Jazz : Pi-Pi-Poh The Mohawks : Give Me Some Milestone : Right On Brother Salah Ragab And The Cairo Jazz Band : Neveen Eddie Kochak / Hakki Obadia And The Amer-Abic Orch : Jazz In Port Said Ferdi Ozbegen : Kopruden Gecti Gelin Minoru Muraoka / Kiyoshi Yamaya : Caravan Nobuo Hara Meets Hozan Yamamoto : Tabaruzaka The Happy Jazz show now broadcasts from the following sites... www.danceandsoul.com www.mondomm.com (ON DEMAND) www.happyjazz.ipodyourmondo.com (ON DEMAND/ PODCASTS PLUS ARCHIVES). www.radiopellenera.com (Every Wednesday 22:00 - 00:00 CET and ON DEMAND). www.ducktape.ca (RADIO PAGE PLUS ARCHIVES) www.radiogotsoul.com (ARCHIVE - PODCASTS). www.radio42.com (Every 2nd Sunday - 19:00 - 21:00 CET). guest mixes archived at... www.waxingdeep.org www.cosmicsounds-london.com www.danceandsoul.com www.MYSPACE.COM/HAPPYJAZZSHOW For any info, promo material, bookings, etc, please mail at [email]happyjazz@hotmail.co.uk[/email] Our respect and thanks as always go out to... Kaye and Dean - Danceandsoul.com Dino & Sy Warwick - ducktape.ca Fabrizio - radiopellenera.com Donald K - mondomedusah.com & ipodyourmondo.com Andrew - Radiogotsoul.com Bernd - radio42.com Dan Zacks - waxingdeep.org___________________The Happy Jazz radio sounds of Adrian Leach & Mark Taylor - Music to put a smile on your face!