Spanky Wilson Doin' It LP

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I'm starting to think I should just give up on this one. I don't have that much time for digging and I can't afford $150 on e-bay.BUT, I do have the "You" 45 which also seems to get good money. So the question is.....do I have the stand out track on 45 or is the whole LP good. Found mixed reviews (mostly good) so I figured SS would have the final word.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Man, this Lp has her killer cover of "sunshine of your love", and if that iasn't on your 7" (which it isn't), then like me, you still need to be hunting down a copy of this Spanky Wilson LP.

• Options
    Sell the 45 and buy the LP. I did (though I intended to buy it off eBay but found it at a Michigan dealers house for $40).

Quality soul, K.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    this Lp has her killer cover of "sunshine of your love"

the big one, fantastic break .. when I was in London's Intoxica a few years back some guy came in and was humming it to the store clerk - he was the classic salty bastard, and endeavoured to shot this guys enthusiams right in the foot "I've heard it too many times" he moaned .. anyway, the Lp has been re-issued (thats what I have)

I think Coolhands included 'sunshine' in a mix he posted a while back - very nice mix he did with it too

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    extra memory recall - BGP put out sunshine on 7 a few years back

008. Spanky Wilson - You b/w Spanky Wilson - Sunshine Of Your Love - BGP