Paris/Amsterdam record spots???

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
going to be in paris/amsterdam in the enxt week and was wondering what good spots for jazz/fusion/psch/etc..i should check out..

Comments

• I spent two months in Paris three summers ago.
    I got my copy of John Coltrane's Live At the Village Vanguard at the Paris Jazz Mart. I put the receipt in with my record, but it's worn off quite a bit. It might say 75 Paris, which could be the road it's on. It's on a corner and there's another shop right by it that has good stuff as well. The other shop is where I first heard about Candido.
    12inch was definetely my favorite store in Paris, but I think they're in the process of moving right now. Check out 12inch.fr for details.
    There's some stores on Blvd. St. Germain (I bought St. Germain's "Tourist" album in one of these stores). Also check out Blvd. St. Michelle. There's a couple of spots in a several block radius of where the two intersect.
    I took a short trip Amsterdam and only went to Fat Beats.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Check your PM's

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    going to be in paris/amsterdam in the enxt week and was wondering what good spots for jazz/fusion/psch/etc..i should check out..

I??ve not been to Paris and Amsterdam for 2-3 years now, but I would say that Paris is quite disappointing for digging. The flea markets are worth a try and there are some stores as already mentioned. You can find some African records as well if you like that.

In Amsterdam I recommend to check out fat beats and rush hour, where you can ask for more info. I know there are a couple of 2nd hand stores, but I don??t remember their exact adress right now. Amsterdam strutters might help.

However, don??t expect to much at all. Especially for jazz/fusion/psych = if there is something to check out it??s usually

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    No no records in Amsterdam....

Just kidding... Like the man said - check your PM's...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Noah is that dude. please show this man around.