Survey Help Needed!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Hey Dudes,I have another survey request to make for some research my colleagues and I are completing. It involves a short survey on estimates of group composition. An editor has us dancing about a measurement concern (appeasing editors is part of publishing), so we need to collect some additional data. When and if an article based on this research is published, I'll provide a copy for those that ask. If you feel the notion to complete the survey, here is the link Group Composition Survey Thanks for your help!!!Peace,Big Stacks from KakalakOh yeah, for those who responded to the discrimination survey a while back, that paper got rejected (from Journal of Applied Psychology), but is currently under review at the Journal of Applied Social Psychology. I can shoot you a copy of it when it gets published.

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    Hey Dudes,

I have another survey request to make for some research my colleagues and I are completing. It involves a short survey on estimates of group composition. An editor has us dancing about a measurement concern (appeasing editors is part of publishing), so we need to collect some additional data. When and if an article based on this research is published, I'll provide a copy for those that ask. If you feel the notion to complete the survey, here is the link Group Composition Survey Thanks for your help!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Oh yeah, for those who responded to the discrimination survey a while back, that paper got rejected (from Journal of Applied Psychology), but is currently under review at the Journal of Applied Social Psychology. I can shoot you a copy of it when it gets published.

done and done homey

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Dudes,

I have another survey request to make for some research my colleagues and I are completing. It involves a short survey on estimates of group composition. An editor has us dancing about a measurement concern (appeasing editors is part of publishing), so we need to collect some additional data. When and if an article based on this research is published, I'll provide a copy for those that ask. If you feel the notion to complete the survey, here is the link Group Composition Survey Thanks for your help!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Oh yeah, for those who responded to the discrimination survey a while back, that paper got rejected (from Journal of Applied Psychology), but is currently under review at the Journal of Applied Social Psychology. I can shoot you a copy of it when it gets published.

done and done homey

Thanks, man!!! It seems as if the editors like to make me squirm for the publication, but that's the nature of the business.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    no doubt man. Always down to help soul struttas of the academic persuasion.

• All done.

• All done.

good luck

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Done.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Done.

Thanks, dudes!!!! Editors love to nitpick about measurement issues. I think this paper has a good shot at Journal of Applied Psychology. I hope I am in a position to provide a copy of the published article to those that participated (and otherwise request). Thanks again!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• done. i'd like to see the paper when it comes out...

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    done. i'd like to see the paper when it comes out...

Hey Folks,

The paper I asked you for survey help on has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Applied Psychology. I'll let you know when the final prints are ready. I'll make a post asking for PMs with email addresses and send out a pdf file of the article. Good lookin' out!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Done ... yeah, that has me curious.

Hey,

Thanks for responding, but the survey administration is done. The paper will be published in the Journal of Applied Psychology some time next year (or maybe late this year), so we don't need anymore survey respondents. When I get later notice, I'll make a post asking for PMs with people's emails so I can send them a pdf file of the final article. Thanks again!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Big Stacks - COME TO NASHVILLE!!!! spun at grimey's last night for the J-Dilla midnight sale was thinking how much doper it would've been if you also got on the wheels.

What's up, G? If Vandy came correct with the business, I'd be getting ready to move down there. Unfortunately, we couldn't make the deal. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get down to Nashville again, then I'll get on the wheels.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Thanks for responding, but the survey administration is done.

Whoops ... neglected to check the date of your post. Congrats on the publication. I'll keep an eye out for your update.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    If Vandy came correct with the business, I'd be getting ready to move down there. Unfortunately, we couldn't make the deal.

that's too bad. I was hoping you'd be down here. holla if/when you're back in the area!

If Vandy came correct with the business, I'd be getting ready to move down there. Unfortunately, we couldn't make the deal.

that's too bad. I was hoping you'd be down here. holla if/when you're back in the area!

Vandy was unwilling to put tenure on the table, though financially the offer was tempting; however, you can't put a price on peace of mind. Plus, I didn't wanna teach a bunch of high-priced, daytime MBAs. I'd prefer to go to a PhD granting department allowing me to teach and mentor doctoral students, things I have very limited exposure to in my current gig. I'll definitely check you out next time I'm in Cashville.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak