Numbers don't lie? (Chart Strut)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/10462" Sliding hard body to No. 15 is Jay-Z. After sitting at the No. 6 position last week, Kingdom Come has begun to lose its clout in the rap race, but has still reeled in 101,000 units this week. To date, Kingdom Come has hit the tip of official platinum status, with 923,200 CDs sold after 3 weeks on the charts."" Tumbling sixteen seats on the charts this week is Snoop Dogg, taking the No. 28 slot. Snoop has been putting in work for Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, but has fumbled badly since last week's No. 12. However, "That's That Shit" continues to make rounds on the airwaves, as his latest LP continues to approach gold status at 424,100. This week, D-O-double-G has finished off at 69,000, a big drop from last week's 90,300.Falling face first on the charts this week is The Game, clinging tight to No. 42. The new single released from Doctor's Advocate, "Wouldn't Get Far," also known as a dis to many of the popular video vixens, hasn't seem to gotten very far in selling The Game some records. This week, Game has managed 49,164 compared to 61,800 last week, with the total numbers reading off at 604,000 after 4 weeks on the charts. "Strut favorite Young Jeezy is predicted to be next week's number one with roughly the same amount sold as Ciara this past week (who's #1). 33.3 is no doubt cursing this possible eventuality.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

" Sliding hard body to No. 15 is Jay-Z. After sitting at the No. 6 position last week, Kingdom Come has begun to lose its clout in the rap race, but has still reeled in 101,000 units this week. To date, Kingdom Come has hit the tip of official platinum status, with 923,200 CDs sold after 3 weeks on the charts."

Beyonce outsold Jay this week.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    times are a changing. It does kinda show though the effort that is being put into these albums. I thought jay-z's joint had like 3 decent joints, rest was trash. But with all the money/sponsorship/hype with the retiring thing etc... that was more of the reason that thing debuted at 1 the the overall quality of the product. When people started listening to it i think the general consensus was that shit was hot garbage, word gets around, and it fall's off fast. Most albums released now and days in the pop format though are one trackers only, imo. they have no real staying power and it shows by the sales. also now that downloading is killing the music industries profits, it is crucial to release a over all good album cause it will sell if the people are feeling it. People are struggling to do this and wind up putting out rushed half assed albums that are only relevant for a few weeks. They should just put out eps with five tracks and save us all the nonsense.

but on the real, how fast do you think the jezzy shit will sink like a stone? I say give him like 2 weeks maybe 3, and that shit will be in the 50's.

• " Sliding hard body to No. 15 is Jay-Z. After sitting at the No. 6 position last week, Kingdom Come has begun to lose its clout in the rap race, but has still reeled in 101,000 units this week. To date, Kingdom Come has hit the tip of official platinum status, with 923,200 CDs sold after 3 weeks on the charts."

Beyonce outsold Jay this week.

That's how it's supposed to be though.

She's been a superstar.... Jay is (still) just a rapperdude.

• rap numbers lie...or whatever music that disproportionally is listened to by younger people since they are more likely to download the bootleg and not pay for the cd.

the music industry is doomed unless they come up with a new way to protect music. itunes sales fell off by 60% in the past 6 months...or something like that.

and...there are wayyyy more than a million people with copies of jay's new album.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Sliding hard body

wtf does this mean? hahah.

• I don't even know Ciara had a new CD which is wild because she's one of the shorties I would of put in the now beyond-pathetic "S W O O N" thread.

Where's the Clipse CD?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    the music industry is doomed unless they come up with a new way to protect music. itunes sales fell off by 60% in the past 6 months...or something like that.

Are there any numbers or actual research on this?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Are there any numbers or actual research on this?

Yes but the numbers have recently been debunked. iTunes is doing fine.

• I don't even know Ciara had a new CD which is wild because she's one of the shorties I would of put in the now beyond-pathetic "S W O O N" thread.

Where's the Clipse CD?

In my deck.