OMG (lil wayne related)

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.citypaper.com/arts/review.asp?rid=11175Sound Tracks | Hip Hop/Rap Like Father, Like SonEdition: by Ethan PadgettAfter the departure of B.G., Juvenile, Turk, and producer Mannie Fresh, Cash Money CEO Birdman probably spent a lot of time on his knees in thanks that Lil Wayne is still around. Though still a Hot Boy, after nearly a decade in the game Wayne is eager to prove that he's far from a little squirt, regularly beating off the competition with such force that it's understandable if he's feeling a little testy on the duo's new album. A rapper with this much spunk coming out his mouth doesn't need to spend any more time boning up on his skills or trying to impress people with his stamina. Wayne effortlessly dominates Like Father, Like Son to the point that Birdman often gets the shaft.Fortunately, Baby knows when to just sit back and let Weezy do his thing, as he bounces from naked emotion to popping shots in the span of a single track. Wayne never lets you forget he's sitting on 20 inches, but when the rim talk wears out he's ready to lay himself bare on the title track. And he'll still bend over backward for a hot line, fleshing out his long narrative arcs with violent thrusts, never content, like so many rappers these days, simply to rhyme the same word or words that merely resemble each other. There are no homophones here.Wayne dishes out the white stuff uncut on the crack rap of "Over Here Hustlin," while Birdman goes harder than ever on "Leather so Soft" before cocking and squeezing on "Army Gunz." Weezy, the self-described "Fireman," brings the flames over the imitation Just Blaze production of "All About That," proving the pair knows how to handle spitting on organs. The only complaint a fan could have with Like Father, Like Son is that Birdman and Wayne come on so hard early on that the second half of the album goes down in the process

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

that is some funny shit right there.

• Cash Money CEO Birdman probably spent a lot of time on his knees in Lil Wayne. Though still a Hot Boy, after nearly a decade in the game Wayne is eager to prove that he's far from a little squirt, regularly beating off with force. A rapper with this much spunk coming out his mouth doesn't need to spend any more time boning his or trying to impress people with his stamina. Wayne effortlessly dominates Birdman, he often gets the shaft.

Fortunately, Baby knows when to just sit back and let Weezy do his thing, as he bounces naked. Wayne never lets you forget he's sitting on 20 inches, but when the rim talk wears out he's ready to lay himself bare. And he'll still bend over backward for hot thrusts, like so many rappers these days. no homo.

Wayne dishes out the white stuff on Birdman harder than ever cocking and squeezing. Weezy, the self-described "Fireman," brings the flames, proving the pair knows how to handle spitting on organs. The only complaint a fan could have with Like Father, Like Son is that Birdman and Wayne come on so hard early on that the second half goes down.

• Most overrated in hip hop?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Cash Money CEO Birdman probably spent a lot of time on his knees in Lil Wayne. Though still a Hot Boy, after nearly a decade in the game Wayne is eager to prove that he's far from a little squirt, regularly beating off with force. A rapper with this much spunk coming out his mouth doesn't need to spend any more time boning his or trying to impress people with his stamina. Wayne effortlessly dominates Birdman, he often gets the shaft.

Fortunately, Baby knows when to just sit back and let Weezy do his thing, as he bounces naked. Wayne never lets you forget he's sitting on 20 inches, but when the rim talk wears out he's ready to lay himself bare. And he'll still bend over backward for hot thrusts, like so many rappers these days. no homo.

Wayne dishes out the white stuff on Birdman harder than ever cocking and squeezing. Weezy, the self-described "Fireman," brings the flames, proving the pair knows how to handle spitting on organs. The only complaint a fan could have with Like Father, Like Son is that Birdman and Wayne come on so hard early on that the second half goes down.

• All his wierd affection with Baby and overhyped career just make him better. Kanye is all talk with his "homophobia in rap is out of control", Birdman Jr. is actually stepping up the game by kissing dudes forreal. Plus I liked that freestyle. Shit was creative compared to the lame cliches that most dudes rehash when they try to improvise. He's definitely not better than Jay-Z, but I like him more for claiming that he is.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Holy shit thats funny....

I got about half way through it before I realized what was going on... hahahahaha

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Cash Money CEO Birdman probably spent a lot of time on his knees in Lil Wayne. Though still a Hot Boy, after nearly a decade in the game Wayne is eager to prove that he's far from a little squirt, regularly beating off with force. A rapper with this much spunk coming out his mouth doesn't need to spend any more time boning his or trying to impress people with his stamina. Wayne effortlessly dominates Birdman, he often gets the shaft.

dude its already ridiculous. thats the point

• Cash Money CEO Birdman probably spent a lot of time on his knees in Lil Wayne. Though still a Hot Boy, after nearly a decade in the game Wayne is eager to prove that he's far from a little squirt, regularly beating off with force. A rapper with this much spunk coming out his mouth doesn't need to spend any more time boning his or trying to impress people with his stamina. Wayne effortlessly dominates Birdman, he often gets the shaft.

and yet...paycheck made it funnier....(sometimes spelling it out is funnier than the subtleties)...imo

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

and yet...paycheck made it funnier....(sometimes spelling it out is funnier than the subtleties)...imo

There is nothing subtle about the original article.

• dude its already ridiculous. thats the point

compared to paycheck's...there is...haha

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just realized that this marks the return of the one Plum Drank, one of the best bloggeurs ever to attempt to destroy hip-hop.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    his wierd affection with Baby .

Homophobe !

• -

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I just realized that this marks the return of the one Plum Drank, one of the best bloggeurs ever to attempt to destroy hip-hop.
    A peek at the unedited version reveals a quote from the one and only Odub Wang that was dropped when published.

• dude its already ridiculous. thats the point

compared to paycheck's...there is...haha

The ridiculous thing is so many rap reviews rely on dumb language like this to fill out their 300 word quota, that I didn't realize that this was a parody untill I was almost through the whole thing. The more I think about this review the more I think it's not just a good joke. It's also a really sharp piece of satire that cuts both into the complacency of most rap writing, and the homoeroticism of rap that is created and obscured by hypermasculinity.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    didn't even realize it said '4th anal' originally.

the 'unedited' original:

Coming out on the hit single "Stuntin' Like My Daddy", Birdman knew he had a banger on his hands. After the departure of B.G., Juvenile, Turk, and producer Mannie Fresh, the Cash Money CEO probably spent a lot of times on his knees in thanks that Weezy is still around.
    But Wayne is still a Hot Boy, albeit one who likes to get his grown man on. He's eager to prove he's far from a little squirt, and he likes to rub it in constantly. Weezy's been beating off the competition for so long now it's understandable if he's feeling a little testy. A rapper with this much spunk coming out his mouth doesn't need to spend any more time boning up on his skills.

Sometimes his spunk dominates the album so much that it seems Birdman gets the shaft. Fortunately Stunna still has a little thug in him, and he knows when to just sit back and let Weezy do his thing. As president of Cash Money, Baby has been feeling Wayne for years now, and while his previous albums are hardcore classics, he really blows himself away on this one.

In the words of Bay Area hip-hop critic Oliver Wang, Lil' Wayne "sounds more confident as an MC [and] wields a genuinely impressive array of different styles". It's obvious Weezy is feeling Wang on this, as he bounces from naked emotion to popping shots in the span of a single track. He never lets you forget he's sitting on 20 inches, but when the lyrical rim jobs wear out he's ready to lay himself bare on an emotional tribute of "Like Father, Like Son". Weezy is a man who will bend over backwards for a hot line, and fleshes out his long arcs with violent thrusts of short diction, while never leaning on rhyming words that merely resemble each other - no homophones.

The New Orleans rapper brings it uncut on "Over Here Hustlin", proving he knows how to handle the white stuff. These two aren't just about pumping crack though - rhymes like "call my bullets some lumps, I put 'em deep in ya neck" would be a mouthful for anyone. Stunna goes even harder on "Leather So Soft", while "Army Gunz" illustrates this pair still knows how to cock and squeeze. On "All About That" the self-described "Fireman" continues to bring the flames over imitation Just Blaze production which shows Birdman and Wayne know how to handle spitting on organs. My only complaint is that the pair blow their load early on, and the second half of the album goes down in the process. But don't worry, there's still enough hotness here to make sure you keep coming back.

• nice.....day!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Wow, fools are quoting Amazon.com reviews?

No wonder he cut it - that's just dumb.

As for the image of "Weezy feeling me." YIKES.

the 'unedited' original:

Coming out on the hit single "Stuntin' Like My Daddy", Birdman knew he had a banger on his hands. After the departure of B.G., Juvenile, Turk, and producer Mannie Fresh, the Cash Money CEO probably spent a lot of times on his knees in thanks that Weezy is still around.
    But Wayne is still a Hot Boy, albeit one who likes to get his grown man on. He's eager to prove he's far from a little squirt, and he likes to rub it in constantly. Weezy's been beating off the competition for so long now it's understandable if he's feeling a little testy. A rapper with this much spunk coming out his mouth doesn't need to spend any more time boning up on his skills.

Sometimes his spunk dominates the album so much that it seems Birdman gets the shaft. Fortunately Stunna still has a little thug in him, and he knows when to just sit back and let Weezy do his thing. As president of Cash Money, Baby has been feeling Wayne for years now, and while his previous albums are hardcore classics, he really blows himself away on this one.

In the words of Bay Area hip-hop critic Oliver Wang, Lil' Wayne "sounds more confident as an MC [and] wields a genuinely impressive array of different styles". It's obvious Weezy is feeling Wang on this, as he bounces from naked emotion to popping shots in the span of a single track. He never lets you forget he's sitting on 20 inches, but when the lyrical rim jobs wear out he's ready to lay himself bare on an emotional tribute of "Like Father, Like Son". Weezy is a man who will bend over backwards for a hot line, and fleshes out his long arcs with violent thrusts of short diction, while never leaning on rhyming words that merely resemble each other - no homophones.

The New Orleans rapper brings it uncut on "Over Here Hustlin", proving he knows how to handle the white stuff. These two aren't just about pumping crack though - rhymes like "call my bullets some lumps, I put 'em deep in ya neck" would be a mouthful for anyone. Stunna goes even harder on "Leather So Soft", while "Army Gunz" illustrates this pair still knows how to cock and squeeze. On "All About That" the self-described "Fireman" continues to bring the flames over imitation Just Blaze production which shows Birdman and Wayne know how to handle spitting on organs. My only complaint is that the pair blow their load early on, and the second half of the album goes down in the process. But don't worry, there's still enough hotness here to make sure you keep coming back.

• Wow, fools are quoting Amazon.com reviews?

No wonder he cut it - that's just dumb.

As for the image of "Weezy feeling me." YIKES.

the 'unedited' original:

so, you were in the presence of his naked emotion?