David Duke on Wolf Blitzer

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
David Duke was on Wolf Blitzers Situation Room today from Iran talking about zionism, the Iraqi war and Holocaust. I can't beleive how scary it is to have the most recognizable living Klansman cosign on many of the messages I've seen on this site.www.cnn.com (scroll through the latest news section until you come across "Blitzer, Duke square off on 'Zionism' charges "I can't seem to link it directly, can someone please post this up I'd be very appreciative

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I can't beleive how scary it is to have the most recognizable living Klansman cosign on many of the messages I've seen on this site.

I know we're do for our weekly race thread, and I haven't even clicked the link you posted, but...what are you talking about?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    but...what are you talking about?
    I haven't even clicked the link you posted,

check the link and then you'll understand

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I checked the link and I don't understand either. Are you talking about that anti-zionist rant from The Crates a long time ago? If this is a regular theme on the strut than I have somehow completely missed it.

• wow for some reason I thought David Duke was a reformed former Klansman, similar to Robert Byrd.

me =

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think he's talking about David Duke's support for the
    OJ "Killin' It" graemlin, crack rap, and Duke's position that
    Gang Starr were good despite Guru, not because of him.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I checked the link and I don't understand either. Are you talking about that anti-zionist rant from The Crates a long time ago? If this is a regular theme on the strut than I have somehow completely missed it.

maybe I blew it up a little too much, but just about any discussion on this site about Israel inevitably ends up having someone talk about how the zionists are doing evil things to (fill in the blank).

this specific instance had Duke blaming Jews (*ahem* I mean zionists) for the war in Iraq and the reporting done on it by the media.

anyways the whole interview left a bad taste in my mouth, the whole idea that a country would hold a conference on whether or not they beleive the holocaust occured leaves an even worse taste in my mouth and I just want to take the time to point out any public actions of anti-semitism whenever I see them.

Like I posted before Never Forget[/b]

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I hear ya hommie - I was making jokes, but to be
    clear...I consider David Duke one of the biggest
    scumbags America has produced in the last 25 years
    or so...

• I consider David Duke one of the biggest
    scumbags America has produced in the last 25 years
    or so...

"Thats Dr.David Duke to you buddy"[/b]

**please note that he recieved his degree from an anti-Semitic "school" in Ukraine**

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    when is david drake[/b] going to be on wolf blitzer?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    btw:

FUCK DAVID DUKE FUCK DAVID DUKE I SAY I SAY I SAY
    FUCK DAVID DUKE FUCK DAVID DUKE I SAY I SAY I SAY
    DOG ASS HOES BETTA HAVE MY MONEY

• Like I posted before Never Forget

No doubt.
    It's pretty sad and disgusting how apathetic or even sympathetic so many folks are when confronted by such evil and hate.
    And it's happening with more and more regularity now.
    Adolf Ahmadinejad is no idiot. Repeat something often enough and people begin to believe it.
    The man is definitely sewing the seeds for a future holocaust, and he understands that for such a thing to be able to happen, he needs, above all, public apathy, if not all-out public support.
    Sad to say, the world is certainly on it's way to achieving that level of pre-WW2 Jew-hating apathy.
    And yes, you would like to think that such ignorance would be hard-pressed to find a place among the politically "progessive" strutigentsia.
    And yet...
    Every so often...
    Which is far too often in my book...
    There it is.

• RafaRafa 25 Posts
    if someone is anti-zionist is he an ani-semite also?
    how is that possible when these two are different?
    Are all zionists jews?

good questions need good answers please

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    if someone is anti-zionist is he an ani-semite also? how is that possible when these two are different?

No, there are jews (particularly Orthodox jews) who are anti-zionist. They believe that we have to wait for the messiah before Israel can come into existence. I think you can be anti-Israel and not be driven by anti-semitism

Are all zionists jews?
    Recently evangelicals (Robertson et al) have taken a shine to Israel because they believe that it fulfills biblical prophecy that the messiah will not return until Jews are running Israel. They are very pro-Zionism.

good questions need good answers please

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    when is david drake[/b] going to be on wolf blitzer?

big fan of real schitt literature then?

• if someone is anti-zionist is he an ani-semite also?
    if your question is referring to david duke then the answer is that he is both

how is that possible when these two are different?
    Are all zionists jews?
    there are some that think that israel has done many bad things in its history, and that is reasonable, i can't think of any country that does not have blood on its hands from actions in its history
    israel as a country is no saint, but in comparison to its neighbors it doesn't look too bad, even in what it has done to palestinians looks like child's play in comparison to what its neighbors have done to their own people

its the folks that think that israel should not exist that give me pause, in my experience if you have a discussion with these folks your are most likely to get to a point where the conversation becomes less and less about israel but more and more about bankers, the holocaust (and its existence or magnitude), and the dreaded jewish cabal that controls our world

slightly off topic but...
    a great article from time last week
    Sunday, Dec. 10, 2006
    The Big Lie About the Middle East
    Tell James Baker: Arab nations don't care about the Palestinians
    By LISA BEYER

No sensible person is against peacemaking in the Holy Land. Applause and hopefulness would seem the reasonable reaction to the Iraq Study Group's recommendation that the Bush Administration "act boldly" and "as soon as possible" to resolve the conflict between the Israelis and Palestinians. But as a front-row observer of similar efforts over the past 15 years, I could muster neither response. In lumping the Iraq mess in with the Palestinian problem--and suggesting the first could not be fixed unless the second was too--the Baker-Hamilton commission lent credibility to a corrosive myth: that the fundamental problem in the Arab world is the plight of the Palestinians.

It is a falsehood perpetuated not just by the likes of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, who came late to the slogan after their actual beefs--Saddam with his neighbors; bin Laden with the Saudi royals--gained insufficient traction in the Arab world. The mantra is also repeated like an axiom in the U.S.--in parts of the State Department, in various think tanks, by editorial writers and Sunday talk-show hosts.

Yes, it was a great disturbance in the Arab world in the 1940s when a Jewish state was born through a U.N. vote and a war that made refugees of many Palestinians. Then the 1967 war left Israel in control of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and thus the Palestinians who lived there. But the pan-Arabism that once made the Palestinian cause the region's cause is long dead, and the Arab countries have their own worries aplenty. In a decade of reporting in the region, I found it rarely took more than the arching of an eyebrow to get the most candid of Arab thinkers to acknowledge that the tears shed for the Palestinians today outside the West Bank and Gaza are of the crocodile variety. Palestinians know this best of all.

To promote the canard that the troubles of the Arab world are rooted in the Palestinians' misfortune does great harm. It encourages the Arabs to continue to avoid addressing their colossal societal and political ills by hiding behind their Great Excuse: it's all Israel's fault. Certainly, Israel has at times been an obnoxious neighbor, but God help the Arab leaders, propagandists and apologists if a day ever comes when the Arab-Israeli mess is unraveled. One wonders how they would then explain why in Egypt 4 of every 10 people are illiterate; Saudi Arabian Shi'ites (not to mention women) are second-class citizens; 11% of Syrians live below subsistence level; and Jordan's King can unilaterally dissolve Parliament, as he did in 2001. Or why no Middle Eastern government but Israel's and to some extent Lebanon's tolerates freedom of assembly or speech, or democratic institutions like a robust press or civic organizations with independence and clout--let alone unfettered competitive elections.

One might argue that if the Arab dictators were deprived of the Great Excuse, they might begin to rule with greater concern for their constituents' needs. But why should they be allowed to wait--in the meantime cynically selling their people the Israel Myth--especially since the wait is apt to be long? The Baker commission is quite right in wanting to see sooner rather than later a viable Palestinian state. But the report's airy prescription for frog-marching Israelis and Palestinians into new peace talks perpetuates another persistent fiction: that U.S. involvement is the key to a breakthrough. That contradicts the real-life story of all three of the major peace agreements Israel has signed, with the Egyptians, Palestinians and Jordanians. Each was the result of bold initiative not by Washington but by local leaders, when conditions were ripe. In all three cases, the accords were the product of negotiations begun in secret behind the backs of the Americans. The Oslo accords with the Palestinians ultimately fell apart, but not because of a collapse of U.S. diplomacy; rather, because of a failure of leadership by Yasser Arafat.

The Israelis and Palestinians aren't going to make peace until they have brave, inspiring leaders, which they don't, and when they are sick of fighting, which they aren't. When that time comes, the U.S. can facilitate negotiations, as it has before, but only if it re-establishes its reputation as a reasonably honest broker. In the past, Washington tilted to the Israelis' side but not so much that the Palestinians couldn't live with it. President Bush has turned the tilt into a slap-down. He says he supports Palestinian statehood, but the Palestinians don't hear the words; they grasp the lack of feeling he evinces for them. They take in the unprecedented silences in Washington when Israeli forces overreact; they wince at White House endorsements of what the U.S. used to call illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank. If James Baker had wanted to improve U.S. policy toward the Palestinians, he might have whispered these things into Bush's ear instead of sucking up to the Arab states with his inappropriate and quixotic peace plan.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Repeat something often enough and people begin to believe it.

If only this were true 100% of the time. I'd walk around telling everybody to stop the hate and start the love. People only believe this type of trash, i.e. Zionist rhetoric, when they have little desire to think for themselves.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

its the folks that think that israel should not exist that give me pause, in my experience if you have a discussion with these folks your are most likely to get to a point where the conversation becomes less and less about israel but more and more about bankers, the holocaust (and its existence or magnitude), and the dreaded jewish cabal that controls our world

seems to be my experience too, Israel seems to be used quite often as a veil for anti-Jewish sentiment and blame. Strangely enough these type of "poitical" discussions are usually with people that consider themselves liberal.

slightly off topic but...
    a great article from time last week
    Sunday, Dec. 10, 2006
    The Big Lie About the Middle East
    Tell James Baker: Arab nations don't care about the Palestinians
    By LISA BEYER

No sensible person is against peacemaking in the Holy Land. Applause and hopefulness would seem the reasonable reaction to the Iraq Study Group's recommendation that the Bush Administration "act boldly" and "as soon as possible" to resolve the conflict between the Israelis and Palestinians. But as a front-row observer of similar efforts over the past 15 years, I could muster neither response. In lumping the Iraq mess in with the Palestinian problem--and suggesting the first could not be fixed unless the second was too--the Baker-Hamilton commission lent credibility to a corrosive myth: that the fundamental problem in the Arab world is the plight of the Palestinians.

It is a falsehood perpetuated not just by the likes of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, who came late to the slogan after their actual beefs--Saddam with his neighbors; bin Laden with the Saudi royals--gained insufficient traction in the Arab world. The mantra is also repeated like an axiom in the U.S.--in parts of the State Department, in various think tanks, by editorial writers and Sunday talk-show hosts.

Yes, it was a great disturbance in the Arab world in the 1940s when a Jewish state was born through a U.N. vote and a war that made refugees of many Palestinians. Then the 1967 war left Israel in control of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and thus the Palestinians who lived there. But the pan-Arabism that once made the Palestinian cause the region's cause is long dead, and the Arab countries have their own worries aplenty. In a decade of reporting in the region, I found it rarely took more than the arching of an eyebrow to get the most candid of Arab thinkers to acknowledge that the tears shed for the Palestinians today outside the West Bank and Gaza are of the crocodile variety. Palestinians know this best of all.

To promote the canard that the troubles of the Arab world are rooted in the Palestinians' misfortune does great harm. It encourages the Arabs to continue to avoid addressing their colossal societal and political ills by hiding behind their Great Excuse: it's all Israel's fault. Certainly, Israel has at times been an obnoxious neighbor, but God help the Arab leaders, propagandists and apologists if a day ever comes when the Arab-Israeli mess is unraveled. One wonders how they would then explain why in Egypt 4 of every 10 people are illiterate; Saudi Arabian Shi'ites (not to mention women) are second-class citizens; 11% of Syrians live below subsistence level; and Jordan's King can unilaterally dissolve Parliament, as he did in 2001. Or why no Middle Eastern government but Israel's and to some extent Lebanon's tolerates freedom of assembly or speech, or democratic institutions like a robust press or civic organizations with independence and clout--let alone unfettered competitive elections.

One might argue that if the Arab dictators were deprived of the Great Excuse, they might begin to rule with greater concern for their constituents' needs. But why should they be allowed to wait--in the meantime cynically selling their people the Israel Myth--especially since the wait is apt to be long? The Baker commission is quite right in wanting to see sooner rather than later a viable Palestinian state. But the report's airy prescription for frog-marching Israelis and Palestinians into new peace talks perpetuates another persistent fiction: that U.S. involvement is the key to a breakthrough. That contradicts the real-life story of all three of the major peace agreements Israel has signed, with the Egyptians, Palestinians and Jordanians. Each was the result of bold initiative not by Washington but by local leaders, when conditions were ripe. In all three cases, the accords were the product of negotiations begun in secret behind the backs of the Americans. The Oslo accords with the Palestinians ultimately fell apart, but not because of a collapse of U.S. diplomacy; rather, because of a failure of leadership by Yasser Arafat.

The Israelis and Palestinians aren't going to make peace until they have brave, inspiring leaders, which they don't, and when they are sick of fighting, which they aren't. When that time comes, the U.S. can facilitate negotiations, as it has before, but only if it re-establishes its reputation as a reasonably honest broker. In the past, Washington tilted to the Israelis' side but not so much that the Palestinians couldn't live with it. President Bush has turned the tilt into a slap-down. He says he supports Palestinian statehood, but the Palestinians don't hear the words; they grasp the lack of feeling he evinces for them. They take in the unprecedented silences in Washington when Israeli forces overreact; they wince at White House endorsements of what the U.S. used to call illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank. If James Baker had wanted to improve U.S. policy toward the Palestinians, he might have whispered these things into Bush's ear instead of sucking up to the Arab states with his inappropriate and quixotic peace plan.

great article, one that begs the question of why people with an interest in the middle east don't look past the Israeli-Palestinan conflict and question the leaders in the area and their political interests (see the David Duke Interview for an example)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    youtube put a link up for the CNN interview from yesterday

here are some of the comments on the various youtube pages where you can get this video from. I'd recommend reading all the comments from all 4 video streams of this video. It gives a scary idea of what people truly think of Jews...I mean Zionists, the Middle East and Israel

cleary what Duke says is the truth. There is a major Jewish problem affecting the United States. What can be done? what needs to be done? There must be a final solution to this jewish problem.

Let israel defend themselves with the 3 billion dollar welfare check we give them each year or should i say they give themselves through the senate which they own through aipac.I'm more afraid of the jews owning 4 out of 5 media comglomerets . they control everything you hear read or watch from tv down to your daily paper and they voted as always 87% liberal democrat.History shows
    what happens when civilizations have jews rammned down there throats and it's not pretty.

God bless Mr. Duke.
    The Truth is all here.
    The CNN guy is completely Stupid !

God bless you Duke! The World needs people like you ! Thank you!

God bless Mr. Duke.
    For the freedom of ALL PEOPLES AND RACES in the world, we must get rid of jewish zionists!

David Duke is informed and educated his facts are not "unsubstantiated". Wolf could have corrected him right then and there if he'd never worked for AIPAC. Duke is also right on the architects of this Iraq war being zionists.

Blitzer used the Zionist smoke screen in mentioning that some of the people in position in the Bush regime are not Jewish. Read professor Kevin MacDonald's 'Thinking about Neoconservatism' article which conveys that Zionist Jews use supposed non-Jewish front people to hide behind them in order to carry on with the war for Israel in Iraq and beyond.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I've thought for a long time that Blitzer was losing his edge. Maybe he's starting to get it back.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I think the whole holocaust meeting is fucking ridiculous and david dukeshoot has been, and will always be, a racist piece of shit. I really don't see what the surprise here is. Why give him more publicity than he already has?
    I can see on the one hand about remembering the past and to stay aware of wackos, but david dukenhiemer is a joke and the fools having that conference are a fringe group of idiots.

And Guzzo, I hate to say it but don't be so shocked by those comments. Check almost ANY YouTube messageboard and you will find racist shit. I've never seen so much poison written in one place in my life.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I can see on the one hand about remembering the past and to stay aware of wackos, but david dukenhiemer is a joke and the fools having that conference are a fringe group of idiots. the political leaders of a large Middle Eastern country trying to creat a nuclear weapon

Day:[/b]You writing off David Duke doesn't lessen his influence and words. Just read the comments made by viewers on youtube. Were talking about a man who nearly won the governership of a state. Duke ain't exactly small potatoes.

Maybe "Never Forget" should be updated with a "Never let a man slide".

not taking a dig at you, but when i see people having a cnoference on whether the holocaust happened or not and its treated in the news with the same respect as the planetary conference earlier this year its truly scary for me.

There are only 2 generations seperating me from Holocaust survivors/ victims. 2 measly ass generations and people can debate that something like this never happened.

Seriously that scares the absolute shit out of me

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I can see on the one hand about remembering the past and to stay aware of wackos, but david dukenhiemer is a joke and the fools having that conference are a fringe group of idiots. the political leaders of a large Middle Eastern country trying to creat a nuclear weapon

Day:[/b]You writing off David Duke doesn't lessen his influence and words. Just read the comments made by viewers on youtube. Were talking about a man who nearly won the governership of a state. Duke ain't exactly small potatoes.

He lost by a very wide margin--about 22%--and that was 15 years ago; his public antics since then have doubtless cost him many of his supporters.

He is, in fact, small potatoes.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

He lost by a very wide margin--about 22%--and that was 15 years ago; his public antics since then have doubtless cost him many of his supporters.

He is in fact a political voice that gets enough juice to speak on CNN, he gets to speak with the Iranian government, The Syrian government and in turn, to their people

lest we forget that losing an election doesn't really make you small potatoes in a changing political enviroment
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_presidential_election%2C_1925

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    the fools having that conference are a fringe group of idiots. the political leaders of a large Middle Eastern country trying to creat a nuclear weapon

Ok, that's a good point and in that regard it SHOULD be newsworthy so everyone remembers how crazy that dude is. Honestly, I haven't paid it any mind besides seeing it as one big publicity stunt. When I heard david duke's name I was like "huh?" because he hasn't been "newsworthy" for many, many years. That's why I said who cares about that him.

And really, wtf is that dude even DOING there? Strange bedfellows indeed.

He is in fact a political voice that gets enough juice to speak on CNN, he gets to speak with the Iranian government, The Syrian government and in turn, to their people

lest we forget that losing an election doesn't really make you small potatoes in a changing political enviroment

Dude, just stop. He's a nutjob that's occasionally dragged out on TV for his entertainment value. And "getting" to speak with the Iranian government isn't exactly something that makes you less marginal.

Why don't you find a racist that actually weilds some sort of power or influence to get worked up over?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Dude, just stop. He's a nutjob that's occasionally dragged out on TV for his entertainment value. And "getting" to speak with the Iranian government isn't exactly something that makes you less marginal.

Why don't you find a racist that actually weilds some sort of power or influence to get worked up over?

that about sums up my point.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    *** You are ignoring this user ***

stick to threads about hip-hop and crack.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

stick to threads about hip-hop and crack.

Come on now guys - it's not even Friday yet!

Yeah, right--you don't have the self control.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm sure faux said something above this that fits well into his asshole persona.

Anyways It's interesting to see how a 2nd rate hack like Michael Richards yelling something at a comedy club gets people into an uproar but someone like former political office holder David Duke being involved with both the Syrian and Iranian government speaking as an American in those countries and then coming on CNN spouting his opinion gets something closer to a "it's no big deal"

apparently, in some peoples minds, Kramer and his allies (boycott seinfeld) are a bigger threat than Duke and co in the middle east.

Call me when Richards attempts to create a nuclear bomb