Sockstrut

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
What socks you rockin?I got three varieties. Actually four. One is a house sock (Polo). Lowest cut of all of my socks. A couple inches below the ankle. The second kind is a reebok sock. About an inch below my ankle. Worn with low top. The next two kinds of sock in my repertoire are two different levels of hanes sock. One goes just to the ankle and can be worn with pretty much any sneaker low or high. The other sock is something you'd only wear with high tops and fully envelopes the ankles.Who wears socks? and struts in em?

Comments

• sooo

this all i rock, cept for the occasional thin cycling sock for real hot days/long rides .got adrawer full of em.

bikestrut step up represent!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I'm sorry but this post has taken it too far with the "****strut" postings... we're talking about socks dude.

• never too far, im glad im not the only one on this mortal coil whose particular (ly anal) bout their sockage.

loose elastic tube socks w/ the ankle worn out?

never that.

i like to keep my dogs comfy

• rastarasta 27 Posts

hey hairy have you tried defeet aer-e-eator

• Thermal socks for the wintertime are

I used to be an all white sock dude, but I'm branching out my sock game into maad new flavors. Mostly blue, green and earthtones right now. Can't really fuck with anything too bright. Matching sock and shoe color is some raw schitt too. However, I still want a few pairs of those white basketball sock joints with the double bands of color at the top, that hit you in the upper calf like boom.

• hey hairy have you tried defeet aer-e-eator

defeets are alittle to meshy for my steez but i can get with some of those new capo slim guys , and smartwool. ugh.

just got some new plush wool hiking socks,

• sooo

this all i rock,

it's true! black socks on hairy belafonte=cypher complete

• I'm sorry but this post has taken it too far with the "****strut" postings... we're talking about socks dude.

• sooo

this all i rock,

it's true! black socks on hairy belafonte=cypher complete

i keep peace w/my black&white sock populace, but black socks& shorts....never, i mean only with shorts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I'm sorry but this post has taken it too far with the "****strut" postings... we're talking about socks dude.

Seriously.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Seriously.

thank you. my point exactly.

• Let's get back to cherry tomatoes:

Fuk cherry tomatoes. Grape tomatoes for life.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Options
    I got about 150 pairs, all kinds since I wear a few pairs a day.

Two pairs every day to work, one ankle sock covered by a tube sock, it adds extra padding and absorbs more moisture since I'm on my feet all day in steeltoed workboots. Cuts down on foor odor, callouses, and blsters and keeps them extra soft believe it or not. I learned that trick from a roofer in the middle of the summer.

Then I wear ankle runners to the gym. Then, since those are sweaty I wear a different pair home from the gym. Then after I shower I go into a fresh pair for the rest of the night, unless I'm going out which requires a new pair depending on the sneaker I'm wearing and how cold or warm it is out.

So on most days I wear maybe 5-6 pairs. Weekends maybe 3.

Wigwam makes my favorite socks for the winter.