alright time to get my little dude on...

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Alright i really am disconnected to the streets. And the clubs. I really have no idea what is out there more for the top 40 clubs and shit. I spin funk, soul and rare groove, with some 90s hip hop so im real out the loop. Any ideas or should i take that shit to mtv.com? What is blowing up the dancefloor right now? I just got a pretty lucrative gig at a bigger club and we are going to be doing big promotions so i have to have some of that on board for standby. Imma check billboards lists now, but what is soulstruts take on this? Akon, jeezy, lil scrappy, tell me whats good people. I need to get my sellout on.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    What is blowing up the dancefloor right now?

Stockhausen

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    What is blowing up the dancefloor right now?

Stockhausen
    haha if i play that i will probably be shot in the head or get my ass whooped by some fratboy punk motherfucking holister meathead. erratic bugged out pianos don't fly with them folks.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Sounds like you're having to play to the college moron crowd (i wish that was an oxymoron but it isnt). In which case it's all about walking that line between things that are catchy and girls dance to and songs that guys don't feel gay dancing to. It's fucking pathetic but true.

London Bridge blows up the dancefloor. But for sanity's sake throw a different acapella on there, those lyrics are just terrible.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    haha keep em coming crink. I love this gerry rafferty though. my copy is all scratched up. I could probably drop this though in the other bar i spin. its a More chill jazz lounge spot that kind of digs the relaxed music.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    get the urban club promo only cd's from the last two or three years and youll be straight.

• iTunes is invaluable for this. Check their top 10 downloads, esp. for hiphop & rnb.

Then go the "radio charts" section for your region. If they've updated it (our local urban station hasn't, unfortunately) you'll have most of your likely-requested songs within minutes.