how long for surface/economy mail...

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
...from USA to Finland?I sold a CD boxset to a dude in Finland 6 weeks ago. Dude was cheap and wanted economy shipping. Dude is mad it hasnt arrived and wants his money back. I think it is way too early for this...it can take up to a couple months...right?

Comments

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    ...from USA to Finland?

I sold a CD boxset to a dude in Finland 6 weeks ago. Dude was cheap and wanted economy shipping. Dude is mad it hasnt arrived and wants his money back. I think it is way too early for this...it can take up to a couple months...right?

Not sure how long it actually takes, but if he paid you with paypal then you are 99% screwed...

• i think it takes 4-6 weeks...this paypal shit is outta hand. im having the same problem. i dont know if im gonna sell to people overseas now. if you put on the auction that they have to pay an extra 8-10 bucks for a tracking number, people arent gonna buy, but if you dont do that then they can just get their money back through paypal. so either way you are screwed

• I am getting fucking sick of this paypal shit...have had nearly $500 in the last week pulled outta the bank because of asshurt overseas customers. I am not WRONG in any of the cases either. Some dude thinks his bootleg Beatles record is a "pirated" bootleg?(what the fuck?), one dude thinks his 45 should of gotten to the UK in like 3 days(dude chargedback his money after ONLY 5 fucking days, also he sent me an email at like 3AM my time and was bitching that I hadnt responded to his email when I checked my email at 11AM...8 hours was too long to wait for a response I suppose) and now this dude.

I think it is time to stop accepting paypal...even fucking tracking numbers, delivery confirmation dot satisfy these overseas fucks.

• the only way i think you can not get taken on paypal other than a tracking number, is to tell overseas buyers that you will wait 30 days to mail the item. this way they cant get their money back through paypal and you cant get screwed.

• and if it was shipped a few weeks before thanksgiving it will prolly take longer than the 4-6 weeks....

Sorry to hear about your paypal woes. I got got by two French people in the last month so I know how you feel. Paypal's gonna have to do something soon cuz they fucking with too many people's money.